Semidieu's free Advanced Shaders

Hi,
I purchased a product from vendor vyktohria on another site. She referenced Semidieu's free Advanced Shaders as necessary for the product to function. The link to rdna is no longer valid. She suggested I try to contact Syyd here at daz to see if it can be made available again. Anyone know how to contact a vendor at daz or know the location of the free shader? This was the location provided by vyktohria ...  www.runtimedna.com/Advanced-Shaders.html

Thanks very much.

Steve

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Send her a PM   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/2825157/DAZ_Syyd

Click on the button where it says message,  top right.

• Seems they've arrived at the Daz store, still for free.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Seems they've arrived at the Daz store, still for free.

I don't see them.

• Great I found it ... www.daz3d.com/advanced-shaders-1-5

Thanks

• I was having error messages from some of SemiDieu's plugins, and I was wondeirng if Is there a way to contact him here at DAZ or anywhere else? Any infor would be appreciated.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

There was recently a discussion on this issue at the Smith Micro Forum, and Basil sadly seems to have retired from this business after RDNA closed...  sad

https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/832/shaderworks-scripts-in-poser-pro-11/46

• Anybody know how to find these shaders NOW?

The DAZ link below no longer seems to work:

www.daz3d.com/advanced-shaders-1-5

And this product seems to say that it needs them for the Poser version.

https://www.daz3d.com/ring-of-light-environment-lighting

Or does the current version of the product no longer need them?

I'm reluctant to just install and then discover it doesn't work.  :-/

-- Steve

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

The product is for Poser 8 or 9. It is no longer available. This is the description associated with the product here at DAZ3D:

Advanced Shaders is a new and improved way to use MAT pose or material collection, in particular they allow to create partial materials and also second skins. And to make things better, this script is free to use and create. Everything created with this script can be redistribute without any fees! (some materials settings are 'copyrighted', so this does not allow to sell such shader).

Advanced Shaders is a free product for using. Install the shader in your Poser main runtime... and just forget it! Everything will then be loaded as usual. You won't have to take care to launch the script or make special steps. You will load your materials as usual, from either the Pose library or the Material library. It's hard to make a script easier to use

Advanced Shaders is a free product for creating. Yes! You can create your own partial shader, second skin shader and make them available for free or for sale, for nothing! No splash screen, no advertising: just free to create and use!

And as a shader should be customisable, a creator can edit the shader to give the user the choice: color, value or even the texture map! Even better, the script works with plugins: you can create your own add-ons (you will need to know how to code with Python scripts).

To help creating starting creation of shaders, Advanced Shaders comes with 5 tutorials: Transparency partial shader, Tattoo shader, Second skin shader, Special connections shaders and Multi shaders.