Shiny PVC Latex shaders for Iray

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
edited December 2016 in Freebies

Squeaking into your content folders comes this shader set for Iray - VERY shiny PVC latex shaders ;).

About 30 colors, a few image based textures (some obligatory animal prints), one bump, a few translucent colors. Most colors are ever-so-slightly metallic, some are very metallic. All are really shiny ;)

Enjoy

Laurie

Shiny-Latex-1.jpg
800 x 773 - 92K
Shiny-Latex-2.jpg
800 x 773 - 290K
Shiny-Latex-3.jpg
800 x 773 - 92K
Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you for the lovely freebies! You have some great ones on Share CG!

• Thanks!!!

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited December 2016

thanks

quick test

pvc.jpg
    1000 x 1618 - 616K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • GlennFGlennF Posts: 141

Thank You,

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited December 2016

You're welcome :)

Small tip if you want stronger secondary reflections/highlights on the latex: increase the amount of the Custom Curve 90 on the Top Coat (I think it's set at .50 on my shaders).  The reason I used Custom Curve to begin with is because PVC picks up highlights like mad, but doesn't reflect so much and you can turn the strength of the reflections way down with Custom Curve (at least that's been my experience - just posting my observations ;)). To my eye it made the difference between the material looking like plastic or like glass.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • zaz777zaz777 Posts: 115

Thanks for these and your other freebies.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I thank you so much for all the freebies you have been so graciously offering and this one is the best so far!!!!

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Cool! I love your shaders!

(BTW, I've been making DIM installers for your stuff.. would you like copies to have or pass around as you will?)

• zx96zx96 Posts: 13

I'd love to try these, is it possible to get them anywhere? I noticed they are no longer on sharecg. It would make me happy, since I am a student and a beginner and don't have much :)