a few not-really-credible .obj nests and the script that generated them

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
edited December 2016 in Freebies

this was just a quick script i put together

but if you have even minimal programming experience

you should be able to use the methods shown here to procedurally generate objects

only attempt to use the script if you understood it enough to manually adapt it to your PC's file paths

---

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts8/mcjfakenests

---

stacks.jpg
800 x 600 - 282K
webfakenest1234.jpg
960 x 720 - 501K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

I've decided in 2017 I will dig into scripting in Daz Studio. My inspiration was mostly the amazing things you do with scripts, as well as a couple of the PAs here. There is clearly a whole untapped world of possibility in Studio that the imagination can unlock via the scripting API!  Of course I haven't done any script development or coding of any sort in probably 20 years.  Basic, Fortran, ANSI C, C++, Java, Javascript was my evolution up until that point, however except for the minimal Javascript work I did it was all for engineering problem solving i.e. brute force math intensive calculation work.  As a result my coding style is not very elegant and will have to improve.  It will surely take quite some time for me to do anything worthwhile, so I appreciate you dropping a script that simply illustrates a priniciple as a jumping off point.  Thanks!

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited December 2016

I've decided in 2017 I will dig into scripting in Daz Studio. My inspiration was mostly the amazing things you do with scripts, as well as a couple of the PAs here. There is clearly a whole untapped world of possibility in Studio that the imagination can unlock via the scripting API!  Of course I haven't done any script development or coding of any sort in probably 20 years.  Basic, Fortran, ANSI C, C++, Java, Javascript was my evolution up until that point, however except for the minimal Javascript work I did it was all for engineering problem solving i.e. brute force math intensive calculation work.  As a result my coding style is not very elegant and will have to improve.  It will surely take quite some time for me to do anything worthwhile, so I appreciate you dropping a script that simply illustrates a priniciple as a jumping off point.  Thanks!

it's basically javascript

for( var a = 0; a < 10; a++ )

{

var answer = add( a, 2 );

debug( a + " + " + 2 + " = " + answer );

}

function add( a, b )

{

return( a + b );

}

pop.jpg
    263 x 197 - 15K