TV Screen Textures

AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

This is more a request then anything. I don't have too many 16:9 TV textures, like news cast and movie scenes. I was wondering if people can share some of theres. I dont care about the UV. I can edit the MAT's myself I just need more then 1 texture. lol

fgfg.JPG
1600 x 858 - 192K

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

When I've needed a specific screen for a monitor or tv, I set up a scene in daz and rendered it. Then used that as the texture for the screen :)

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

One thing is: Those television shows/movies are copyrighted, so you probably won't find a bunch in packs, anywhere.

Go to youtube, search for what you want, fullscreen it and adjust it for your display ratio, move your cursor a bit away from center, towards the edge, but not on it, wait for the caption to disappear, then screenshot it (print screen "should" work), storing it to your clipboard. Then, open up "Paint" or your preferred paint program, either start a new document (Photoshop will default to the resolution of the currently stored image on the system clipboard) or just use your applications "paste" command to paste the image from your system's clipboard into the application. Save it and you're done. :)

Note: These are also copyrighted images, from the original copyright holder or the channel's owner, so you can't use them for commercial use unless specifically allowed.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

If you don't mind older stuff, you can always pull grabs from videos here:  https://archive.org/details/classic_tv&tab=about

Those should all be in the Public Domain, so screen caps from them would fall into the same category.

Using more current stuff, you might run afoul of a litiginous sort....but if you are using one frame from a copyrighted work, Fair Use doctrine is heavily on your side.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375
    hphoenix said:

If you don't mind older stuff, you can always pull grabs from videos here:  https://archive.org/details/classic_tv&tab=about

Those should all be in the Public Domain, so screen caps from them would fall into the same category.

Using more current stuff, you might run afoul of a litiginous sort....but if you are using one frame from a copyrighted work, Fair Use doctrine is heavily on your side.

Though I agree that ought to be fair use, some copyright owners may disagree. However, siting the original copyright(s) helps in that reguard (somewhat). I think some are satisifed that a proper aknowledgement was given. Largely depends on their temperment.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Hmmmm interestingly fascinating idea.   I am thinking if I knew more about tv I could make my own renders to be made into "tv" screen textures.  I have been wondering how to make a tv flicker in animation.

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

Hmmmm interestingly fascinating idea.   I am thinking if I knew more about tv I could make my own renders to be made into "tv" screen textures.  I have been wondering how to make a tv flicker in animation.

Remove the texture in a frame, here and there, replace with noise/snow or adjust the ambient channel (or whatever DS uses if you're using that) so the brightness varies a little bit, frame-to-frame. You could also add an animating material across the ambient channel to vary its intensity, color or any ambient shaders you'd want to add to introduce a little bit of variance/noise/etc. If the scene/PoV on the TV changes to a shot that's more brightly lit, up the ambient a tiny bit, not too much, for those frames.