Alternate head shapes for Genevieve 7 and Dante 7

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
edited April 2017 in Freebies

I've made a custom head for each one that changes primarily the eye shape, size and position for these two characters. Use them if you dislike making your own characters or dislike (like I do) the eyes on these two characters. Both are at ShareCG (the link is in my signature below). You'll need to turn off limits as some of the parameters for these go over 100/1.00

Laurie

Dante Alt.jpg
1000 x 903 - 588K
Genevieve Alt.jpg
1000 x 903 - 592K
Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,851
    edited April 2017

Thank you, Laurie. I don't own Dante, but I do have Genevieve, and I've never liked her eyes. I'd like to try this out. I installed the files, but I have some questions. I hope you have time to answer.

1. When I apply AA Genevieve Head, do I also need to apply AA Genevieve Eye Fix? It seems like I do, but I'm not sure what you intended. Hey, guess what! I read the readme file and it tells me to use both but the order doesn't matter.
    2. The files are installed under Genesis 3 Female/Materials, but they aren't materials (don't apply textures). It seems like they should be under Genesis 3 Females/Characters, probably in a Genevieve 7 folder. I'm basing this on other characters that have shaping presets, like for Tisha. What do you think? Is there a reason you put them in Materials? I'm afraid I'll never think to look there in the future.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

You can put the Shapes Folder anywhere you want to....even rename it if you want to ;). I put them in Materials because it's the second place I go after I load the figure. YMMV.

I included the eye fix because it moves the eyes down in their sockets just a smidgeon - I rather liked them moved down, but you certainly don't have to use it :).

Thanks, Laurie. I have a render going now. I'll let it run overnight. Hopefully Windows won't do an update and kill it. I like your shape and eye fix better than the original.

edited April 2017

Here she is.

Genevieve AA Alternate Head MilkshakePS.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    edited April 2017

Hehe...she looks great :). And I know I made them, but every time I see those glasses it makes me hungry for a milkshake :P

As for the eye shape, I feel that if someone would have spent an extra hour they could have toned down those weirdly google-eyed peepers that both the above figures have. I've never seen eyes like that on a real person - not to say that they don't exist, but I'm just saying that it's really uncommon because it's something I've never run across. I understand how it can happen - I draw eyes too large when I'm sketching and always have, so when it comes to eyes, if it looks right to me, I shrink them just a bit more :)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Thanks, Laurie. My render finished much much faster than I expected, so I didn't have to let it go overnight. Genevieve is usable again now with your fixes. I almost returned her when I got her, and even tried myself to adjust the eyes, but your work is much better.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

These look really good! Does the Dante head shape have the same settings as the ones you listed in his thread?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    barbult said:

Here she is.

She reminds me of Joan Crawford

Almost, but not quite. I refined them a little bit - mostly the nose.

Laurie

edited April 2017

I found a little problem I didn't see yesterday. When I apply the AA Genevieve Eye Fix, it resets the Y translation of the figure to 0.

Edit: And now it doesn't seem to translate the eyes. I have Genevieve 7 selected whn I apply the preset. I applied AA Genevieve Head first. What could I be doing wrong? I started over with a fresh character, and it seems to be translating the eyes correctly. It still has the problem of translating the whole character, though.

I don't know barbult. Have the eyes already been moved maybe? You can see if they have by clicking on each eye. Other than that I have no idea what might be going on. It's not happening for me :(

Laurie

edited April 2017
    AllenArt said:

I don't know barbult. Have the eyes already been moved maybe? You can see if they have by clicking on each eye. Other than that I have no idea what might be going on. It's not happening for me :(

Laurie

The Eye Fix eye translation worked OK when I started over with a new character. Maybe they were already moved on the first one.

But, if you move the whole character on the Y axis and then apply the Eye Fix, don't you see the character Y translation go back to 0? That is what I see consistently.