Area 50's insandely detailed Katana

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in Freebies

http://www.sharecg.com/v/33710/gallery/11/Poser/Katana-Samurai-Sword

This thing was posted four years ago, but I just now found it. I've never seen a CG Katana, for sale or for free, that was this detailed. Now, I've seen more detailed work by guys at CGTalk, but never released.

Anyway. Saw it, was impressed, had to share the link.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

insandely?

wut dat?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

insandely?

wut dat?

I was just thinking, what the hell is a Katana, the link added to my general knowledge :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

insandely?

wut dat?

ith mme pwetenting aye can sthpell...

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

I downloaded that a long time ago for my character, Kageto. The only bummer is it doesn't come with an accompanying wakazashi, so I had to use two katanas for him and scale the second down to the right size for the wakazashi to give him the full daisho set.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I downloaded that a long time ago for my character, Kageto. The only bummer is it doesn't come with an accompanying wakazashi, so I had to use two katanas for him and scale the second down to the right size for the wakazashi to give him the full daisho set.

That would be a good modelling project for me, see if I can create it... it would probably be quite a bear to do, but it would get me more familiar with hex....

edited December 1969

wancow said:

That would be a good modelling project for me, see if I can create it... it would probably be quite a bear to do, but it would get me more familiar with hex....It would be a challenge, especially getting it to match the katana, Though, unless it were 4.0 compatible, (or a Poser prop) I wouldn't be able to use it (no DUF files for me.

• JennehJenneh Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Beautiful! Danke

edited December 1969

druc said:
    I keep getting a 404 File Not Found error when I click on the download button for that set.
  • drucdruc Posts: 399
    edited December 1969

I keep getting a 404 File Not Found error when I click on the download button for that set.

Free site registration is required before you can download freebies

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited June 2019
    wancow said:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/33710/gallery/11/Poser/Katana-Samurai-Sword

This thing was posted four years ago, but I just now found it. I've never seen a CG Katana, for sale or for free, that was this detailed. Now, I've seen more detailed work by guys at CGTalk, but never released.

Anyway. Saw it, was impressed, had to share the link.

I was recently looking for freebie samurai sword, so this is helpful.

However, i also found another that might rival the one from this thread opening post. It's creations by Kuroyume. As i understand, he was selling those as products for Poser long time ago, than made them freebies when he focused on creation of plugins for Cinema 4D. He recently abandoned 3D related things, and closed website, but thankfully freebie  downloads still work through archive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150726213013/http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/products/

Futeinokatana (‘Variable’ sword)

Futeinokatana Add-on No. 1

Katanakake (Japanese sword stand)

Tachikake (Japanese tachi stand)

Teiregubako (Japanese sword maintenance kit)

Pretty impressive collection bundle, i must say. Take a look into instruction PDF from it, by the way - it clearly shows how author was dedicated to details.

I wish i could post this 6 years earlier... This set above has daito, tanto, wakazashi, aikuchi, naginata, ninjato, nodachi, shirasaya, tachi variations.

Post edited by akmerlow on