Castle Walls (14 assorted Props)

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248

Here's another freebie thats escaped from the dark recesses of my hard drive. This time the "Proof of Concept" Set for a product. Obviously now free :) 

The original idea behind this one was a script (written in Perl By Kastaway) would create a series of prop walls, arches, columns and roofs. The really clever part was that the script would create meshes where each part had a random and unique pattern of modelled rocks or bricks.

The second design aspect is each prop only has 2 material zones [walls/rock] or [mortar/brick], which reduces system load and allows the artist to easily apply high or low resolution textures (lo-res supplied). Which also (as hown in image 2) gives the artist the abilty to make very quick changes. 

Note: If you render closeups or in high resolution, for best results replace the low/med-res textures supplied in this freebie with app specfic shaders or high res maps.

3.2MB - Free Download from...

http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

sample_1.jpg
600 x 1024 - 155K

Comments

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248

heres a larger image which shows how quick and simple it is to change the wall textures to give a different result

sample_2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 91K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

Thank You! Really nice one, I have downloaded previous one and was thinking to use it yesterday. I think I better try this one instead, need to make a nice looking castle area :)

• JRuehsJRuehs Posts: 15

This is very nice, thank you

It seems that I can't find that freebie on the page :/

Now it works on the site, Thank You very much, but I think there is a problem with download here as I can't get complete version https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/castle-walls-14-assorted-props-/77264

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248

Milos - sorry to hear you're having problems - which site rendo or sparkyworld?  

Now I have problem with Renderosity download, I can't download it fully and it seems to stop at 3.19mb meaning that I can get only incomplete file that is 3.19mb big.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Now I have problem with Renderosity download, I can't download it fully and it seems to stop at 3.19mb meaning that I can get only incomplete file that is 3.19mb big.

If you get an incomplete download be sure to clear it from your browser cache before you try downloading again,  as having a corrupted dowloadn in the cache most often stops the next try at the same place.

Ok, Thank You very much.