UDIM UV Sets for Genesis/Genesis 2

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited May 2017 in Freebies

Whipped these up in Blender for timmins.william, but figured I'd release them into the wild.

Description:
Genesis and Genesis 2 figures load with their uvs stacked by default. This set includes new uv sets for Genesis Base Female and Male and Genesis 2 Base Female and Male to convert their uvs to UDIM, which can then be exported out to a 3D painting app such as 3D Coat, Mudbox, and Mari.

Please read the included text file for usage instructions.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88140/view/21/DAZ-Studio/UDIM-Conversions-for-Genesis-Genesis-2

udim_conversions - 01 before.PNG
295 x 276 - 9K
udim_conversions - 02 after.PNG
1491 x 276 - 74K
Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Thank you for doing (and sharing) that effort!

--ms

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Hi.  This looks like exactly what I need, but I can't seem to get it to work.  I am trying to pull out the UVs in Photoshop which I have done many times with clothing and othe items, but when I export any G2 character, I see the UVs are stacked like in your example.  I have installed your product according to the instrucitons, and then load up base G2 character.  In surfaces editor I chose Base Male UDIM for UV set, but when I export it is the same result.  The UVs are still stacked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  

• Does Photoshop support UDIMs?

Does Photoshop support UDIMs?

Oh.  Not sure about that.  Maybe not.  

Do you know of any other way that I can get the UV sets for G2M/F?  I often use Photoshop to modify textures and it has been really helpful being able to extract the UVs from clothing items, etc.  

• What do you mean by "extract the UVs"? I suggested in one of the other threads you posted to (it is a good idea to keep all posts on a topic in one place) that using a modeller such as Hexagon to rearrange the parts may enable you to paint on a single map and then to split it down for use (or use it on the rearranged UVs if you aren't wanting to distribute).

What do you mean by "extract the UVs"? I suggested in one of the other threads you posted to (it is a good idea to keep all posts on a topic in one place) that using a modeller such as Hexagon to rearrange the parts may enable you to paint on a single map and then to split it down for use (or use it on the rearranged UVs if you aren't wanting to distribute).

Sorry, i will keep the post here.

So I have not used Hexagon before.  I thought it was not compatible with my  Intel 64-bit Macs.  I just installed it and will see if it can do what I am trying to do.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2018

@Geminii23 You don't need to export Genesis to get the UVs. Just open up your product library in your account, search for the starter contents for the Genesis figure you're using, and download the ones marked as "Templates". Screenshot showing G8 as an example.

templates.PNG
    958 x 528 - 51K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • virtiusvirtius Posts: 2

Thank for this - excellent work!