An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Again I see items on wishlist saying free, YET when I put em in cart and check out "cart is empty"

What gives? indecision

The item is gone from the store, sorry. (Either Daz (if it was a PC+ or Daz Original) or the artist/s (if it's a PA) made that decision.) I only know because it happened to me and I asked in the forums. I have no idea why an item stays in wishlist after it's pulled from the store.

(In case it's helpful information, discontinued items you previously purchased are still in your Product Library, available for download; you don't "lose" them.)

Great...some of the stuff I wanted to get is now gone, eh?

Who chimapnzie thinks pulling down stuff is a GOOD thing?!

Make it a damned freebie, I say, then!

Not sure exactly what the items in question are, but the creator may be selling them at another store...

• WandW said:

Again I see items on wishlist saying free, YET when I put em in cart and check out "cart is empty"

What gives? indecision

The item is gone from the store, sorry. (Either Daz (if it was a PC+ or Daz Original) or the artist/s (if it's a PA) made that decision.) I only know because it happened to me and I asked in the forums. I have no idea why an item stays in wishlist after it's pulled from the store.

(In case it's helpful information, discontinued items you previously purchased are still in your Product Library, available for download; you don't "lose" them.)

Great...some of the stuff I wanted to get is now gone, eh?

Who chimapnzie thinks pulling down stuff is a GOOD thing?!

Make it a damned freebie, I say, then!

Not sure exactly what the items in question are, but the creator may be selling them at another store...

Discontinued products are always* PA (thus Daz does't own them), so when the artist decides to stop selling some items, stop using Daz as a broker at all, retire, etc., then Daz cannot legally "Make it a damned freebie."  Daz has to pull the item/s from the store, because Copyright Laws. The only other option Daz has is to buy the product/s outright from the artist, if the artist takes them up on it. When Daz does a buyout--which seems to be rarely--those models become DO or PC+. 

*1 exception in 10+ years that I know of

• Swell, stuff I was hoping to get..............

...............gone with the wind. crying

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

Cubebrush weekly freebies https://cubebrush.co/marketplace?freebies=true

I also don't like deleting, I think it is savagery and bad for creaton. I wish if there was some form of archive for abandonware type of 3d models something like this :).

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,144

A couple PAs pulled their stores.  That's not abandoning their products or deleting them just to delete them, that's making a business decision to stop selling products here.  Give it time, I'm sure those PAs will show up again somewhere.

• A couple PAs pulled their stores.  That's not abandoning their products or deleting them just to delete them, that's making a business decision to stop selling products here.  Give it time, I'm sure those PAs will show up again somewhere.

Moyra recently started selling old content that used to be on DAZ, on another site that I heard that I cannot speak of here.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Don't post comments, please, because if somebody is subscribed to this thread they expect a new freebie when they get a new message alert.
    IF you want to discuss limited time freebies, there is a discussion thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/116146/limited-time-freebies-discussion-thread

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

A couple PAs pulled their stores.  That's not abandoning their products or deleting them just to delete them, that's making a business decision to stop selling products here.  Give it time, I'm sure those PAs will show up again somewhere.

Moyra recently started selling old content that used to be on DAZ, on another site that I heard that I cannot speak of here.

You can definitely speak of Renderosity here...

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited August 2019

Bi-Weekly freebies  say this

WEEKLY FREEBIES

_ and  this means ??    >.<

Post edited by ed3D on
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,735

And the complete text is this

With new items weekly, Daz Freebies include 3D models, environments & props for use in Daz Studio, our free 3D software. Add these items to your cart & start creating with them immediately. Shop over 30,000 items with special daily deals from our main store.

Weekly?!?

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2019
    ed3D said:

Bi-Weekly freebies  say this

WEEKLY FREEBIES

_ and  this means ??    >.<

it's either true, i.e. we'll get a change every week now - or they copypasted the text from somewhere old and nothing changes, except the page layout with this weird green banner.. we'll see.

but what bugs me wayyyyy more than having to wait 2 weeks instead of 1 is 1) the same old faded boring freebies coming around and around like, forever - 2) the ones that don't even go away like the bus stop - 3) the fact that a huge part of them are textures from items you have to (have) purchase(d) for them to be of any use to you - 4) the fact that the biggest proportion of clone chick stuff like little dresses is, according to the unwritten law of DAZ or 3d in general, mostly for females..

honestly i'd rather wait a month than a week and then get every time new, interesting, independent (no need for base product) stuff.
    the way it is now, most of the time, i go "yay freebie day" and then immediately "ah.. i see, nothing for me, AGAIN." it's frustrating to no end.

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,918

friends and forumites, can we please, please, please have this sort of discussion here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/116146/limited-time-freebies-discussion-thread/p5

Thank you very much!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited August 2019

New biweekly freebies are up but the price hasn't changed yet: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

Nothing for me this time since I already own them all

Edit: Now free

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Current Bi-weekly Freebies List*

City Bus Stop
    Fantasy Camp II
    Secret Garden Shaded Haven
    DLD Stone Shaders (for 3DL since Details says DS 3 Advanced)
    Axes of Power (M4)

4th generation
    RM Willow for Stephanie 4
    Skateboarders K4 (says K4 toddler required, but I think that's only if you use those fits)

Genesis
    Aaron for Young Teen Justin
     Hip Retro Dress Textures
    Enchanted Textures
    Manly Men M5 (morphs)
    M5 Pajamas

G2F
    Garden Party Dress Textures

* @Linwelly: I'll be happy to move this to the Freebie Discussion if you prefer. 

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited August 2019
    Kerya said:

Hmmmm.... is it the same, $5 stairwell that's just above that gift icon?  :D  >>grabs the gift<<

edit: Hmmmm... the freebie stairwell is a much simpler-looking one than that $5 one.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    * @Linwelly: I'll be happy to move this to the Freebie Discussion if you prefer. 

_How to do this _ ??

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,918
    ed3D said:

_How to do this _ ??

Find the discussion thread here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/116146/limited-time-freebies-discussion-thread/p5

• SempieSempie Posts: 658

After a row of confusing banners, and a day's delay because of labour day, we have a new bunch of bi-weekly freebies - (after the usual ritual of correcting the price tags, but they always do.).

https://www.daz3d.com/freebies

• Sempie said:

After a row of confusing banners, and a day's delay because of labour day, we have a new bunch of bi-weekly freebies - (after the usual ritual of correcting the price tags, but they always do.).

https://www.daz3d.com/freebies

They are all set to free now!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited September 2019

Can't figure out how this is supposed to work, it looks like there should be a coupon code in that message that's missing...

ETA: Seems like it's working properly for most folks, just not for me. I contacted helpdesk. Also, I didn't realise that not everybody is getting this banner... Apologies if I gave you a false notification! blush

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 20.43.24.png
    725 x 345 - 95K
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • Hylas said:

Can't figure out how this is supposed to work, it looks like there should be a coupon code in that message that's missing...

It applies automatically with a qualifying item in the cart

• Hylas said:

It applies automatically with a qualifying item in the cart

Yes it does I just got doing just that!!

• And it was for one day only, sucks to be me then, cause I missed it.

• And it was for one day only, sucks to be me then, cause I missed it.

So not fair that you missed it Faeryl Womyn

• Thanks, not much I can do about it and it would seem I am going to lose my net soon as well and don't know for how long this time. The neighbours who have generously allowed us to share their net are moving in a couple weeks and with winter coming, I won't be making trips to the college any time soon.

This discussion has been closed.