An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited February 2022

Thank You, it looks very good. What I actualy need is to learn to make Proja as my mom likes it cool

... I will just need to learn to cook, sooner the better angel

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • BE CAREFULL !!!!!!!!

NOT FIXED - trying to charge sales tax for a price that doesn't exist. Wants to still collect $0.12 on two items that were $1.00 each. Pennsylvania collects 6 cents on each dollared PAID. NO PAY - NO TAX!!!!!!!!

Someone can't do their job - any first grader could do it - and you wouldn't to pay whoever as much. Saves DAZ money and maybe that would filter back to us (but I doubt it).

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,735

Not free for everyone, it's a joke

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 135
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by riuken1 on
  • New biweekly freebies are up: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

• Cubebrush has new freebies up :-)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

https://www.daz3d.com/turn-up-the-heat

Scroll down... about halfway down there's a freebie! :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-09 um 20.27.21.png
    2460 x 1150 - 2M
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/turn-up-the-heat

Scroll down... about halfway down there's a freebie! :)

In my cart it's $10.47... sad

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

There's a coupon code you have to enter. Unfortunately I can't test it because I already bought the item some time ago.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Byrdie said:

There's a coupon code you have to enter. Unfortunately I can't test it because I already bought the item some time ago.

DOH! surprise

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

coupon code:  SCI-FI-FREEBIE

• Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 305
    edited March 2022

can confirm it works

Screenshot 2022-03-09 160554.png
    3838 x 1716 - 253K
    Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381
    edited March 2022

Being a bit slow about things, I have question. On the on turning up the heat page here at DAZ, a link is given for the free files (talk about monster sizes), anyway I down loaded one of the small ones. All that is in the ".rar" file are ".vdb" files. No structure, just files. So where in the **** do I put them for DAZ to use?

Post edited by BronzeDragon on
  • robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 790

BronzeDragon said:

Being a bit slow about things, I have question. On the on turning up the heat page here at DAZ, a link is given for the free files (talk about monster sizes), anyway I down loaded one of the small ones. All that is in the ".rar" file are ".vdb" files. No structure, just files. So where in the **** do I put them for DAZ to use?

@BronzeDragon Just scroll down and follow the steps, “How to Use VDB Files in Daz Studio” located here: https://www.daz3d.com/turn-up-the-heat

Here's the section, “Import Your File” (Note: This step is after applying the OpenVDB shader):
    1. Go to the 'Surfaces tab'
    2. Click on the newly named surface 'Volume'
    3. Find 'Volume File"
    4. Open a .vdb file you’ve downloaded.

So, you can keep the sample VDB files you downloaded anywhere on your storage drive, and then just navigate/browse to that folder. 

edited March 2022

@BronzeDragon,  if you are manually downloading the files, be sure to download the "IM00061533-01_SC20DronesandCrates01.zip" file

That is the one with the library files etc.  All the others are just support files and are not needed unless you are using the bridges.

Or you can use the Install Manager or DazCentral to install these for you automatically.  Personally I prefer the Install Manager as it gives me a little more control without having to do it all manually (I'm too lazy for that.... wink

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • I did the download and installed the files as usual. Loaded the exhaust trail, and did a render, took about three min with nothing in else scene. That's not the problrm. on the DAZ page is the following:

How to Use VDB Files in Daz Studio

The easiest way to try your hand at volumetric rendering in Iray is to check out the collection of ready-made VDB items available in the Daz Store. However, you’re also able to import your own VDB files!

Before getting started, you can learn about the VDB file format at OpenVDB.org and browse a selection of free sample files. JangaFX also provides VDB samples you can download for free.

Importing a VDB File in Daz Studio
    First, make sure you’re in the Iray render viewport so you can see what you’re doing. Your VDB files won’t show up in any other view. Next, follow the steps below to import your volume file.

I downloaded a file  (fire)  from the listed site. The rar file only had vdb files. What I wanted to know is where to extract the files to, so DAZ can use them. Instruction given after that on the DAZ page doesn't say where to put the so you can use them in the shader. I tried following the instruction but it didn't do anything. I went to the "smart content" (I think) but I couldn't open the DAZ Default Resources because there is nothing there,so I couldn't find the  'Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume' shader. Don't have a clue what I did wrong.

Thanks for the help anyway.

• On the page linked by robertswww  is this video:

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,143

The shader should be under "Default Resources for DAZ Studio > Shaders > Iray > Effect" in Smart Content or "XXXXXX > Shader Presets > Iray > Daz Volume" in Content Library (Where XXXXXX is the directory you installed your Default Resources package).

As for where to extract the VDB files, it can be anywhere

edited March 2022

BronzeDragon said:

I downloaded a file  (fire)  from the listed site. The rar file only had vdb files. What I wanted to know is where to extract the files to, so DAZ can use them. Instruction given after that on the DAZ page doesn't say where to put the so you can use them in the shader. I tried following the instruction but it didn't do anything. I went to the "smart content" (I think) but I couldn't open the DAZ Default Resources because there is nothing there,so I couldn't find the  'Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume' shader. Don't have a clue what I did wrong.

The VDB Shader can be found in your Content Library: My DAZ 3D Library-->Shader Presets-->Iray-->Daz Volume-->Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume

As I mentioned above, the free sample VDB files you downloaded can be stored anywhere. In the sample video he has the explosions.vdb in his Downloads folder on his PC.

Just go to the Sufaces tab click on "Volume File" and choose "Browse" and select your VDB file (Ex. explosion.vdb in your Downloads folder shown at 1:18 in video).

It's very easy, just watch the video, "Intro to VDBs in Daz Studio" as Josh Darling does an excellent step-by-step:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPQsifAT5B4

Post edited by robertswww on
  • Thanks guys, but I do not have a a folder called DAZ Volume, nor the Simple Openvdb MDLL Volume under Shader Presets>IRAY. And yes I have version 4.20.0.2 download direct from DAZ. Gusess I just give up, but thanks anyway.

• BronzeDragon said:

Thanks guys, but I do not have a a folder called DAZ Volume, nor the Simple Openvdb MDLL Volume under Shader Presets>IRAY. And yes I have version 4.20.0.2 download direct from DAZ. Gusess I just give up, but thanks anyway.

The "built-in-content" for the brick is in the IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio420.zip folder. 

• Thanks, got it now. Told you I was a little slow sometimes, chock it up to being in my 70's. You'd think that when an update is available in DAZ Central, and you click update, you'd get everything that you need, not have to go hunting for things you didn't even know that were required. Come on DAZ, get with it! And while you are at it, fix the damn download so that it stops quiting every 7 min. and needs to be restarted. As it is you can't set it to run overnight.

@BronzeDragon Glad you figured it out, and that's awesome that you are still creating and doing Daz 3D in your 70's!!! I hope to be as lucky!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

New DAZ biweekly frrebies are up: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

You're not slow Bronze Dragon, some people just don't know how to properly do a tutorial.

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 135

Up to $25 in discount.

Discount will be distributed among all qualifying items. Cannot be used to discount items already owned. Coupon Code usable twice per customer.

Coupon Code: POT-O-GOLD

Link to the item the code can be use

https://www.daz3d.com/pot-of-gold-deals-for-you#order=popular^1&filtered=1

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited March 2022

Wow, this is just great... Got Dragon Turtle, I actualy had idea to make Galapagos Tortoise into something like a battle movable station for my globlinoid guys, now this seems even better, and maybe it will be able to fly like in Terry Pratchett books. I better go to sleep... Thanks again... yescoolangel

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited March 2022

Don't forget to do your survey to get $5 credit in April - see the top banner!

credit.PNG
    1098 x 208 - 26K
    Post edited by Sky77 on
This discussion has been closed.