Genesis Regency Style Dresses

2»

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Oh the Bonnet is lovely Wendy. It looks so early 1800's. And the other bonnet can go all the way through the 1800's.

I was planning on making curls using Look at My Hair or Garibaldi that can be used with the bonnets. If I make a LAMH preset then with the free LAMH plugin (coming soon) anyone with the hat that wants to use the hair can. I make no promises, though. I am not very good with the plugin yet.

As someone said earlier the brim is too big. The second picture is part of a cartoon of the period "poking" fun at this type of hat.

poke-bonnet-satire-e1313033918992.jpg
    209 x 209 - 26K
    edited December 1969

KinnieM said:
    Hi Wendy, I have found several pictures that should show the veil with the bonnet. The thing with the veil is that it was in many cases pinned in place and that meant the veil could be pinned to the inside of the veil or the outside.

Thank you for doing the bonnets and for trying to create a veil.

Heather

(ps. Tried to send the pictures using the pm but it won't allow for attachments.)

There is this dynamic head piece that Martin has on his website. If you turn it around making the long portion be in front then you have a veil. Not sure how it would work but it would be something to try.
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload07.php

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I have made veils for the two bonnets. Unfortunately they are not dynamic so won't drape realistically!

Have used some of Marieah's lace and silk. Made the black as a mourning bonnet.

Let me know what you think.

Bonnet_Veil_2a.png
    600 x 600 - 255K
    Bonnet_Veil_1.png
    600 x 600 - 342K
  • KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

They look really great Wendy! Thank you!

For me it doesn't matter that they are not dynamic as the ones I used for V4 were static as well. :-)

edited December 1969

Very pretty Wendy.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Superb.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Bonnets are on ShareCG

See this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17401/

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

These look just lovely!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited February 2013

Thank you so much for sharing these lovely dresses :-) They'll go perfectly with my Les Miz renders :cheese:

Post edited by 3dLux on