My biggest ever freebie is now avaliable...

2»

Comments

• edited December 1969

This is absolutely AMAZING!

I love trains, and toons, and this is stunning. 5 Star work, my friend. It inspired me to make my first post here in the forums!

Much love, admiration, and appreciation!

If it's okay with you, I'll email you, not if, but WHEN, I use this so you can check it out!

Thanks again,

Reggie

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited March 2013

Thanks Reggie glad to read this has inspired you!

BTW - If you like train you might like these ones.
    Taken at the Manchester MOSI musuem last weekend.

Behind the building with mural is the studio where they make the famous British TV soap Coronation Street.
    Other one shows even trains need to take a tiddle :)

train2.jpg
    1024 x 684 - 115K
    train1.jpg
    1024 x 684 - 140K
    Post edited by mrsparky on
  • edited December 1969

Sweet!

I love the steam shot.

:coolsmile:

• Cameron_34505Cameron_34505 Posts: 9
    edited March 2013

Thanks very much Mr Sparky!
    I'm having a blast tearing it apart and putting it back together. (I hope that doesn't sound bad. I just wanted to be able to add textures to individual parts and have rotating wheels, While I was at it I made the milk lid open and close, same with the coal door on the coal car and the engine, made the levers move up and down, etc) Quite fun!

Thanks again,

Cameron

ToonTrainCity2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 68K
    Post edited by Cameron_34505 on
  • edited December 1969

Oh I was just looking at it and wondering how to do that.

Is there a tutorial that I'm overlooking that shows how to make all the parts movable?

Thanks in advance,

Reggie.

• Cameron_34505Cameron_34505 Posts: 9
    edited March 2013

Oh I was just looking at it and wondering how to do that.

Is there a tutorial that I'm overlooking that shows how to make all the parts movable?

Thanks in advance,

Reggie.

I'm sure that what I did can be done in different ways in lots of modelling programs. You can do everything in Poser but it is much more difficult.

I used Carrara. I opened each object in the modeling room and selected the polygons that I wanted to assign material names to in the Shading Domain List.
    Then I Named the Polygons. (It is two different things.)
    By having the polygons named you are able to Spawn them as props in Poser using the Grouping Tool.

Once you have the spawned props you reassemble the pieces in the Hierarchy. (I broke the Train Engine into 80 pieces)
    That way you can have separate axles with wheels (inner and outer) and spokes. Then when you want the wheels to turn you use the xRotate dial on the axles. I broke it into so many pieces so that I can assign procedural textures to different parts along with turning wheels and opening doors.

Post edited by Cameron_34505 on
  • Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

This is awesome! Love it. Thank you very much.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

*****, AAA, Awesome Quality product and fantastic toon design. Thanks Much for sharing this wonderful toon train set!

• edited December 1969

Cameron, you my friend, are a rock star as well.

Thanks!