Transfer G3 daz original shaping settings to G8 shaping

This script will copy G3 Daz Original head and body morphs to the G8 head and body morphs.

There are some caveats for this script, all of which (I hope) are outlined in the user guide.

You need all 4 products listed above, and the character you are copying from must have the shaping dials visible when selecting the “currently used.” Even if the character requires those products, if the changes aren’t visible to the end user, they can’t be copied.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88611/view/8/Script/Ekm-Presto-Morpho-G3F-G8F

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Thanks!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

This script works great! Very easy to use. Some tweaks may be needed afterwards, but this is quick, simple, and gets you pretty close to the original.

Here are a few test renders I did. G3F on the left, G8F on the right. (Click and zoom in for bigger pics and more details.)

MRL Eden

Pix Mitsuko

Draupadi (head and body reduced slightly on G8F version to match original more closely:)

And here's MRL Eden with the Lain's Dual Lobe Shaders script as well (adjusted translucency weight to .60): 

Presto Morpho MRL Eden.png
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    Presto Morpho Mitsuko2.png
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    Presto Morpho Draupadi2.png
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    Presto Morpho MRL Eden Dual Lobe2.png
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

This script works great! Very easy to use. Some tweaks may be needed afterwards, but this is quick, simple, and gets you pretty close to the original.

Here are a few test renders I did. G3F on the left, G8F on the right. (Click and zoom in for bigger pics and more details.)

thanks for the renders! I feel like height is the setting that transfers the worst, as far as accuracy goes. easy to fix, at least

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

I know I should know this but is there a difference between morphs and shapes? I'm just wondering if this is another way to transfer G3 morphs to G8 because there is a large thread in the commons about doing that - with tutorials/scripts, etc. Is this a different/quicker/easier method?

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Llynara said:

thanks for the renders! I feel like height is the setting that transfers the worst, as far as accuracy goes. easy to fix, at least

Height is calculated differently between g3 amd g8 for some reason. There are some G3 hairs with savedsaved FBMHeight morphs that mess with the hair when it's fitted to G8 and height is adjusted. Presumably some clothing too. 

• Redz said:
    Llynara said:

Height is calculated differently between g3 amd g8 for some reason. There are some G3 hairs with savedsaved FBMHeight morphs that mess with the hair when it's fitted to G8 and height is adjusted. Presumably some clothing too. 

oh hey, good to know. thanks for the tip. i wonder if a PA will make a product or a daz update will come out to convert fbmheight from g3 to g8. if thats even possible...

and marble, as i said in the FAQ section of the user guide, this script is quick and dirty. the morph transfer tutorials are multiple steps and more robust. if you want as close to 100% fidelity as you can get, or want to transfer custom morphs, then of course, use those methods

G8/3 Body/Head Shapes are just the name daz gave those products. they are morph dials like every other dial in the shaping pane