Free Medieval Building Daz 4 and object - Gatehouse

Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
edited August 2013 in Freebies

Renderosity Freestuff Link Gatehouse

One of my first Renderosity products has finally passed through clearance and been removed from the renderosity store.

I have decided to release it as a freebie as it still a very usable model and I believe theres still some life left in it yet.

Included is a Daz 4 version plus an obj with jpeg textures. Metadata is also included for Daz 4.

This tudor/medieval Gatehouse has two portcullis and would likely stand within a wall or on a road.
The Portcullis can be raised or lowered using the Y translate with the gate selected.

Detailed texture maps for Diffuse, Displacement, Bump and Reflection. Also included are an extra 3 variant Diffuse textures/materials.
Plus there is a mirrored variant of the model.

The model would look great in any Fantasy or Historical Render.

The product is setup ready to use in Daz Studio 4 as smart content. Or import the object and textures into any application that supports .obj models and jpeg textures.

COMMERCIAL RENDERS ARE FINE, JUST NO REDISTRIBUTION PLS

Renderosity Freestuff Link Gatehouse

GaTEHOUSE.jpg
800 x 654 - 75K
Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looking great! Thank you!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for this great share, Razor :) It's perfect for a Fantasy render I'm working on :cheese:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So many Thanks, I got Ideas for this already.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much !

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

A wonderful building! Thank you so much for your generosity. :-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Question: your set the license to "License: This is licensed for non-commercial use only.", but the enclosed license is from the Rero Marketplace with commercial renders allowed ... I am confused.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

That is beautiful! Thanks so much. And I'd like to know what Kerya asked, too :) I know sometimes people put "non-commercial" use, but intend that commercial RENDERS are ok :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Good question ladies. I'd like to know that too.

Looks like a nice prop. The mixture of medieval and tudor is unusual, so should allow for some interesting render ideas. ;-)

• PrestorJohnPrestorJohn Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

First of all, thank you for giving us such a beautifully sculpted model for free.
    I am but a novice at this, but I am trying to create a scene depicting the death of King Richard III and this is really helpful.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to load into my scene.
    When I go to the 'content manager' part, bring up the gatehouse and click on it, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing.
    Any ideas?

I'll be happy to post pictures, explaining the problem, if anyone wants to help.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

To load it go to Poser formats > My Library > Props > Gatehouse

• PrestorJohnPrestorJohn Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've put it in the Props folder, but it still won't open.
    It just says "This action requires an item within the scene to be selected".

When I have a character in the scene and try to place the Gatehouse into the same scene, nothing happens. I click on one of the Gatehouse options and there is no action whatsoever.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314
    edited March 2013

Is this what you now have in the Runtime/Libraries/Props/... folder?
    If so, then when you double click on "Gatehouse_building" in the Content Library pane, it ought to work (or at least it does for me).

ETA: This Runtime needs to be setup in DAZ Studio as a POSER content library.
    There is also (see second picture) a set of DS materials presets to vary the textures on the building (moss, etc), which should be in the Presets/Materials/... folder, and this one should be setup in DAZ Studio as a STUDIO content library.

ETA2: Assuming you have installed Gatehouse into your normal DS library setup, this should already be defined as the STUDIO content library and the Presets folder I mentioned above will turn up naturally. You just have to make sure you have also defined it as a POSER content library (through the Edit - Preferences dialog, Content Library tab shown in the third picture)

Gatehouse3.jpg
    962 x 642 - 69K
    Gatehouse2.jpg
    670 x 316 - 42K
    Gatehouse.jpg
    644 x 288 - 37K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited March 2013

Okay, I've put it in the Props folder, but it still won't open.

Razor is probably running D/S4 on win7.
    When you un-zipped the file, it put it into \my library\runtime\... & \my library\presets\materials\, depending on where you told it to un-zip to.
    All you have to do is drag & drop the entire runtime folder on top of an existing runtime folder and everything will be put where it belongs. Do the same for the materials. For MAC/OS you use the merge command.
    As you can see in the pic 1 below, I have 22 external prop runtime folders, all of them show up on the content tab in D/Studio. The content\content folder holds all the D/Studio mat & pose files.

I dropped it into my C:\content\props\ folder. As for the materials, I dropped them into my c:\content\content\ folder.
    Everything got where it belonged. You do this with the windows file manager, not D/Studio.
    In pic 2 below, you can see the 2 prop icons on the content tab.
    As for the mat poses, these are from D/S4 so the icons don't show in D/S2.3.

Now not all poser freebie authors set the runtime folder up correctly or the mat pose texture file calls either.
    This one did. Others have not, so you have to adjust things using the surfaces tab.
    To learn how to do all this, goto DeviantArt and look at all the Daz Studio tutorials that are available. Use the link in my sig to get there, then use the search box. You don't have to join to D/L stuff.

And now for a bit of nit-picking.
    Mr. Razor, there is a problem with the model, as you can see in pic 3 below, when rendered, white spots show up on the gate pillar next to the windows. As far as I can tell, it's not the tex mat, or the bump mat. They show up without any bump or displacement at all. Maybe a tear in the mesh?
    Test render, no lights, red arrows. Now the green arrows is a texture error.

Gerry

//EDIT: To prove that all my external runtimes show up, pic 4.

gatehousez.jpg
    1033 x 800 - 124K
    gatehousep.jpg
    899 x 674 - 72K
    gatehouse2.jpg
    1045 x 769 - 145K
    content.jpg
    814 x 616 - 82K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on