Valve Lamp (posing) Vignette

Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Found this in my files. Thought you'd like it. Some didn't quite get it and therefore couldn't be seen as very sellable. Not a problem..., your gain. Maybe some of you musicians will understand it and grab a set for your renders. There's a couple pics to give you an idea of what it is. There's a "pick-up" bench for posing on and a heap of vacume valves and room to play around with. Everything should load fine. But I will keep an eye over the next few days to see if anyone needs advice on any of it.

Hope you can use it

Enjoy :)

Link to Drive files download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-YRJZ4329t-Mi01RTl4djRoLTQ

Download size: 54Mb

Valve Vignette

Included Features:

Basic Room preload (empty room)
Posing Room (no mats or walls - for setting up your own presets)
4 x Complete Room with Valves (set presets) 
30 x Valve Lamp (props)
1 x Transformer (prop)
Single-Coil Pickup Bench (prop)
Humbucker Pickup Bench (set preset)
5 x Prop Scaling Presets (for any selected prop/s)
1 x Y-axis Preset (move props to platform height from default floor height)
14 x Room mats presets
Bench mat presets (cream/black)
Lights on/off Presets (valves and poles)
5 x Valve/Pole light colour presets (select room poles, or valve lamps, or both)

ValveVignette - Sample01.png
650 x 500 - 589K
ValveVignette - Sample02.png
650 x 500 - 754K

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Thank you so much for this great freebie and all the time and effort that goes into making these!!!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

This is a nice set! 

Thank you!!

: )

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

You're welcome. Glad it can be used in some way. and yeah..., they take some doing alright! :) Thanks for grabbing them.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

wow, thanks a lot! very original product/setup, excellent :)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I don't understand it, but dang it looks cool and will fit nicely in sci-fi fantasy renders :)

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

For those that seem mystified by what this is, I can offer some explanation:

In Britain and a few other places, "valve" is a term used in electronics to describe what is commonly referred to as a "vacuum tube" elsewhere. Vacuum tubes or valves have largely been replaced long ago by transistors in most electronic devices, but many guitarists and others swear by amplifiers that use vacuum tubes as producing better sound..

"Pickup" is a term used to describe the electronic sensor arrays used to detect the vibrations produced by stringed musical instruments, primarily electric guitars, enabling subsequent amplification. A "Humbucker" is merely one type of such pickup designed to reduce hum. An " open coil" pickup is merely one without the normal cover over the pickups.

So, what Td3d has made available here is a collection of custom props based upon the above, consisting of benches designed like guitar pickups, some lights designed like vacuum tubes or valves, some poles that act as light emitters, a room for creating scenes with the other props, along with some settings that can be used with the lot.

As others have said, a lot of time, care and work obviously went into creating the package, and some may find the set or individual elements useful for creating scenes of various sorts.

Thanks to Td3d for making the set, and offering it to the community.

Yes, I see it now LOL

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    SixDs said:

For those that seem mystified by what this is, I can offer some explanation:

In Britain and a few other places, "valve" is a term used in electronics to describe what is commonly referred to as a "vacuum tube" elsewhere. Vacuum tubes or valves have largely been replaced long ago by transistors in most electronic devices, but many guitarists and others swear by amplifiers that use vacuum tubes as producing better sound..

"Pickup" is a term used to describe the electronic sensor arrays used to detect the vibrations produced by stringed musical instruments, primarily electric guitars, enabling subsequent amplification. A "Humbucker" is merely one type of such pickup designed to reduce hum. An " open coil" pickup is merely one without the normal cover over the pickups.

So, what Td3d has made available here is a collection of custom props based upon the above, consisting of benches designed like guitar pickups, some lights designed like vacuum tubes or valves, some poles that act as light emitters, a room for creating scenes with the other props, along with some settings that can be used with the lot.

As others have said, a lot of time, care and work obviously went into creating the package, and some may find the set or individual elements useful for creating scenes of various sorts.

Thanks to Td3d for making the set, and offering it to the community.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing this SixDs. Great description. And yes... the Vacume Valves just have a quality in their unpredictable "breakup" (distortion), over transistors (consistancy) That's what makes the Valves so special and collectable - yes, people scour the earth for good matching pairs of these things. Thanks for the positive review.

I'm a drummer (if you can call it that), not a guitarist but I know my guitarist friends were always looking for tubes for their amps. Just never heard of it refered to as a valve and thus, didn't make the connection to the pickup LOL

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

This is great - thanks!