Activate G1/G2/G3 Clone Morphs in G8 Female!

I've made no secret about the fact that I really disagree with Daz's decision to abruptly abandon the both-genders-in-one-base feature of Genesis starting with the second generation.  This is one of the reasons Genesis 1 is still my main go-to figure.  However, that just might be about to change.  In a roundabout way, Daz has returned to transgender morphing with Genesis 8!  They provide clone morphs in the G8 Female that recreate the shapes of Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 2 Female, and the androgynous Genesis 1 base.  For some weird reason, though, they're not visible to the user as parameters (at least not in Poser; I'm not sure about DS).  Fortunately, I knew just enough about ERC coding that, with a little help from the indispensable Poser File Editor, I created a very simple PZ2 file that, when applied to the G8 Female, makes those legacy morphs visible.  You can find them under Actor >> Legacy.

Even for some who aren't necessarily interested in transgender morphing, this might be useful in other ways, so for whatever it's worth, I decided to share this quick fix on ShareCG.  Happy rendering!

Comments

• Thosea ren't really shapes - they don't have the rigging adjustments, for oen thing. That's because theya re clnes, for AutoFit and the Transfer Utility, and the requirements for those are different.

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397

Thanks, Richard.  I guess I should've known it was too good to be true.  I might have a work-around, though.  I managed to McGyver a transgender Genesis 2 once, and the only thing that prevented me from doing the same with Genesis 3 was because the number of polygons was different between the two source figures.  In Genesis 8, we have the raw shapes of Genesis 3 Male and Female in the same mesh, which means they have the same number of polygons.  Let me experiment!