Miki 4 Cheongsam Outfit

eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Created and posted this new Cheongsam outfit for Miki 4. Sorry, this is for Poser 9 and 2012 only and is a dynamic outfir for use with Poser's cloth room. Should be available in Rendo's Freebie section with all my other Miki 4 outfits.

Cheongsam4.jpg
743 x 740 - 144K
Cheongsam2.jpg
743 x 740 - 128K
Cheongsam1.jpg
743 x 740 - 96K

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

nice work. It could probably be rigged for DS quite easily...

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately, Miki 4 is a weightmapped Poser figure, and currently won't work in Studio...

edited December 1969

Doesn't matter, the obj can still be fitted and rigged :) It's just a matter of making a morph for Genesis that is close to Miki and using the Transfer Util.

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Doesn't matter, the obj can still be fitted and rigged :) It's just a matter of making a morph for Genesis that is close to Miki and using the Transfer Util.

I have no problems with anyone wanting to attempt to rig this item for Gensis. Unfortunately, it just won't be me, since my computer doesn't run DS. So I can't even get to Genesis to port it into Poser.

edited March 2013

EClark, I don't have Miki4, so doing this would be impossible for me. The process, however, would be this:

Load both Miki4 and Victoria 4.

Shape Victoria 4 as close to Miki4 as humanly possible.

GenX the V4 to Genesis as a single morph.

Load Genesis, apply that morph.

Load the Cheongsam as an OBJ and use the Transfer Utility to transfer it to Genesis (use CURRENT as your shape for genesis). You might try using a push modifier to get the fit better. That works weather or not the wearable is fit to a figure.

Delete Genesis, and export the Cheongsam obj. Clean up any deformations on the mesh in whatever modeller, and save that obj

Load the resulting OBJ and use the transfer util again, probably best to use the MFD instead of Genesis.

The second to the last step, cleaning up deformations, is the hardest part, but it shouldn't be all that difficult.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited March 2013

Well, since the Cheongsam is a dynamic item. You might be able to simply load it up and scale it to fit V4, then run it thru Poser's cloth room. Then export it as a an .obj file. Or you could probably scale it to fit Genesis instead.

Post edited by eclark1849 on
    edited December 1969

Okay... that assumes you have Poser :) I don't. If you do do that, however, I'll convert it for you and send it back so you can post it.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately, as i said, I can't get to Genesis because my computer won't run DS4. Sorry.