Tyris for G8F

Hi! Uploaded my first freebie ever to shareCG: a scantily clad barbarian chick named after a legendary Arcade Age amazon warrior ;) Shes's a full character complete with a full body morph, a full conforming outfit, hair n weapon as smartprops, and materials. Seems to be workin alright, as nobody complained yet.

Check her out!

Comments

• AloreeaAloreea Posts: 285

She looks Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing, I'll go download her right now!

• :D

• What an amazing charactor and clothing!!!!

I am off to download this right now and will be back with a render of her as soon as I can!!

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited September 2017

Great character! Thanks for sharing. I messed with her a little bit - changed the hair and textures, etc., but essentially, here she is:

TyrisinaTemple.jpg
    800 x 1149 - 386K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • Hey love to see you people's renders of her. yo I'm happy as a pig in a mud puddle   (˘◡˘)

Although my textures look a bit flat (toon, i call em -- lol) compared to most. Im not very good at texturing. I often render untextured models as some sort of sketch thing that i later rework completely in PS or GiMP. I used to avoid shaders as much as i could. So take the textures included (barely coloured occlusion maps actually) as templates to do your own if you want to. Mh. Maybe that should be specified in some EULA.

• WOW SixDs that is an amazing render of this great charactor!!!

edited September 2017

Well, I should explain that I was attempting to use the figure on this PC, which doesn't use Iray, so I couldn't use the default character textures. The render was done in 3Delight. I tried to convert, but that is a little like pulling hair, so I opted to use the 3delight version of G8's textures instead. It was a matter of necessity rather than preference.

Update: OK, I decided to pull the scene over to my workstation and redo a render there. I used the original textures this time, and swapped everything else over to Iray shaders. I used the free classic (should really be in a 3D hall of fame somewhere) Short Bob Hair by Kozaburo this time. So here is a slightly different Iray take on the earlier 3Delight scene, starring Tyris.

TyrisinaTempleIray.jpg
    1528 x 2272 - 607K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • Woah, that beautiful Six! This is so cool. For many years I been downloading damn terabytes of free stuff. It's a great thing to see you using mine. Like some karmic high of sorts lol. 

As i said, im just starting to learn shaders. For a long time i just avoided iray, kinda supersticiously lol. I had done some stuff in blender, but in a more videogame oriented way (i was familiar with normals, rather than bumps). I've never done much "rendering", and when i do it's usually very simple ones, to be used as mere support. Never until Tyris' promo pics, had i rendered a full scene -- instead i rendered figures separatedly, to do spritesheets for example. Amazes me, the complex lighting effects you got there, and those reflections on the metal surfaces. (Thats with an HDRI pic right? I read something about that, seems to be ridiculously cool, with lighting effect included and all!).

Thanks for using her! :D

I did have an HDRI loaded in the Iray dome, guille, but there were several other lights that were used to create the overall result. I tried a little of this, a little of that, turned them off and on, adjusted the colour and intensity, etc. until I had something that I liked. Wish I could say that it was skill, but its more like trial and error, I'm afraid. A lot of the effect that you see in the metal surfaces is owed to the shaders that I used. The refections that you see are a combination of photons bouncing around there. Glad you liked the render, 'cause I really like your character!