Apollo Maximus is BACK!!! The Optimal 3D Figure--Working Download!

124»

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Great picture ShadowBox and what's the SBH system you are talking about?

WandW.. due to him being so old and originally made for Poser, though extremely usable in Daz, would it be possible to convert to I think it's called triax in Daz, something to do with weight mapping, I'm still learning that lol

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

I expect he could easily be converted to TriAx in Studio and tweaked.  I myself haven't tried it...

• Faeryl Womyn said:

Great picture ShadowBox and what's the SBH system you are talking about?

WandW.. due to him being so old and originally made for Poser, though extremely usable in Daz, would it be possible to convert to I think it's called triax in Daz, something to do with weight mapping, I'm still learning that lol

Many thanx for the feedback Faeryl Womyn  and the system I'm talking about is the SBH in DS.    I use to be a theatrical wig maker and also made wigs for retail mannequins, so i naturally gravitated to understanding DS SBH but I now am dying for ANY new updates in that department  ie Pins and Symmetry in the style tab, would be a good start.

PLUS, after reading WandW thoughts on Apollo convertion to DS (fingers cross) ......I'm first in the queue. laugh

Happy NY ladies!

WansW...so now I need to learn how to do that...lol V4 and Antonia were both converted to the traix thing for Poser and Daz back when that came out, so has to be a tutorial around somewhere.

ShadowBox..I never tried to make SBH, it looks great but I found it a bit heavy on my machine, which is over 10 years old...lol Here's to hoping they update it.

Turns out that if you want to convert Apollo to triax for Daz you have to do a whole new rig and weight mapping, a whole new set of morphs and you will never be able to use the old moprhs made for him already, also clothing already made might not work properly. Seems it's best to leave him as he is and use him. I just tied him and he still works in Daz, the only things that don't are the one reserved only for Poser like python scripts. He needs clouthes...badly lol. I wonder if you can make clothes for him in Marvelous Designer and do an autofit in Daz, cause I don't know how to rig and I not sure if weight mapped or dforce clothes would work on him.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

Dforce prop clothes should work and he probably has a Crossdresser license 

I'll check that Wendy and thanks.  Will work on clothes for him after I get a couple video's done so I can start uploading to youtube, put that project off long enough.

The program is free the license is 9.95 though not sure what currency.

https://www.evilinnocence.com/shop/apollo-crossdresser-license.html

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

Faeryl Womyn, the currency is US dollars. I have used Tri-ax on clothing and then fitted them to a non-weighted figure. Depending on the model and what base was used to make the clothing will determine how successful you will be in getting the clothing to work for Apollo. The crossdresser license is key in my opinion to a successful conversion and then from there you have a couple of options to make the clothing fit Apollo better. I have made some mini tutorials in my Art thread here: LJ Studios - Art Work and Tips - Daz 3D Forums about the things I have found I needed to do to make the clothing work on a different model then it was originally intended for. I would also recommend spending the money and getting the Mesh Grabber set of tools for DAZ Studio 4 Mesh Grabber (Win) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D or Mesh Grabber (Mac) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D. You will be limited to what you can convert due to Apollo's rigging ie what polygons are assigned to what bones because he is different then say the DAZ characters or even the Poser set. 

I have Mesh Grabber bundle bookmarked, just waiting to afford it even when on sale. I'm in Canada so at least another 50% added to the price and I believe Daz is now adding tax to products. Probably have to wait till summer when I don't have to pay for heat anymore. I'll definitely check out your tutorials and thanks.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244

ok i cant unpack him, wheres the bloody password?

edited November 2021
  • magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited July 2021

angel thank you dear wand!

Post edited by magicweaver on
    edited December 2021

Apparently the Google Drive Download link for Apollo has been changed.  Here is the new link.  smiley

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXflZTRWxZVml0LU5UTV9aTG1ZY3lMNEYyUmxfR0FDbXFrZTRjR2lhb3llbVk?resourcekey=0-g9ggR1fGI5l9WQUN60g2CA

EDIT:  note that Google Drive requires third-party cookies to be enabled in your browser.  It they are not, you will get permission errors when you try to download...

Post edited by WandW on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

WandW said:

Apparently the Google Drive Download link for Apollo has been changed.  Here is the new link.  smiley

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXflZTRWxZVml0LU5UTV9aTG1ZY3lMNEYyUmxfR0FDbXFrZTRjR2lhb3llbVk?resourcekey=0-g9ggR1fGI5l9WQUN60g2CA

Files at that link throw "You don't have permission" errors. 

edited December 2021

DarkSpartan said:

WandW said:

Files at that link throw "You don't have permission" errors. 

I checked it out on a browser that I wasn't logged in on through a VPN, so Google wouldn't in any way know it was me, and had the same issue until I allowed third-party cookies; then it downloaded OK.  

If you have any problems with specific files, let me know and I'll check it out.  I'll make a note about the third-party cookies above.  Thanx for the feedback!  smiley

Post edited by WandW on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

I did download him and was able to extract the files fine.  I am currently rendering him in Poser 11.  Does he work in DS4.20?

I did have to look for hide a certain part so the renders are safe for viewing.  Don't want indecent exposure renders.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Sfariah said:

I did download him and was able to extract the files fine.  I am currently rendering him in Poser 11.  Does he work in DS4.20?

I did have to look for hide a certain part so the renders are safe for viewing.  Don't want indecent exposure renders.

As far as I remember there is a pose file to make those parts invisible.