The Millennium Falcon for DAZ Studio

The Millennium Falcon is now available for use in DAZ Studio. Includes a dsf, duf/ png files and Iray materials. Scaled to the Poser/ DAZ people at about 114 feet long.
Download at ShareCG: Millennium Falcon for DAZ Studio.

For use in non-commercial projects only; if you want to use it in a commercial project, you'll have to contact Lucas/ Disney for permission.

Millennium Falcon for DS

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It looks great!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited October 2017

Any interior? 

More accurately, is there space to add your own interiors? 

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks! This looks like fun for fan renders :) 

Ahh, nostalgia!

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,143
    edited October 2017

Any interior? 

It's the same model as the Poser version, no interiors other than a basic cockpit.  There is a version of the interior available at http://www.scifi3d.com/ - look under Star Wars/Crafts & Vessels.

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • I've used the Poser version of this model, it's nice.

• VilianVilian Posts: 282

Long time ago when I was downloading your freebies - back in 2004/2005 I think - I wasn't a SW fan yet (Rogue One wrecked up my brain, mwahahaha), so I have quite a backlog of cool Poser stuff to get from ShareCG :D Thanks for all of these!

•  

Any interior? 

It's the same model as the Poser version, no interiors other than a basic cockpit.  There is a version of the interior available at http://www.scifi3d.com/ - look under Star Wars/Crafts & Vessels.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not in a DAZ compatible format. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Any interior? 

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not in a DAZ compatible format. 

it can be very easily. there are a ton of modeling apps out there that can turn any one of the 3 formats into .OBJ

• Any interior? 

I'm currently working on converting a massive interior set by Sean Kennedy (with his permission). The model needs a lot of clean-up, including triangulating >4 point polys, separating the walls for easier camera placement, rigging any moving parts, adding Poser shaders, and then adding Iray shaders. I may even include hide/ show poses for the walls and some camera presets.

The good news is that it's a full interior, including the cockpit, hallways, cargo area (with holographic chess table), and gun ports. The bad news is that it may take awhile to be finished. ;)

• Any interior? 

I'm currently working on converting a massive interior set by Sean Kennedy (with his permission). The model needs a lot of clean-up, including triangulating >4 point polys, separating the walls for easier camera placement, rigging any moving parts, adding Poser shaders, and then adding Iray shaders. I may even include hide/ show poses for the walls and some camera presets.

The good news is that it's a full interior, including the cockpit, hallways, cargo area (with holographic chess table), and gun ports. The bad news is that it may take awhile to be finished. ;)

Cool. One of the things I didn't like about the Poser Falcon is that the interior was pretty much filled up with a bunch of useless kibble that had no real purpose. and the entry eways were blocked off. Any chance of getting that dejarik table as a separate freeiee too? the onlyone I've found so far, is a blender file that, for some reason, comes out as only a wire mesh with no central column, and doesn't want to properly convert into a useable  obj file. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    I'm currently working on converting a massive interior set by Sean Kennedy (with his permission).

If that's the one I think it is, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it. I've tried getting it into D|S a few times, but my convert-fu isn't strong enough.

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

Any interior? 

Wow, that is some undertaking, but I know it'll be really appreciated by lots of us when its done.  I take it though that it'll be a stand alone set or will you be trying to fit it inside the Falcon model?  Either way if I can make a suggestion you may find it easier to make it in a more modular way so that you can, say, just load the cockpit or gun ports as needed rather than the whole thing at once.  Of course you've probably worked all that out already and I'm just teaching my Granny to suck eggs! LOL Anyway I always look forward to seeing whats new at Vanishing Point and I hope the interior goes as easily as it can for you.  

• The interior will be designed to fit within the exterior, but they'll be 2 separate models. Making the interior modular is a good idea and I'll have to see the best way to do that. :)

And it shouldn't be too much of an issue to export just the chess table.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

This looks good VP.

I can relate about converting other peoples meshes for use in DS and poser.  Sometimes its just easier to build your own.

I have combined an interior and exterior before too.  They are not easy, especially if they are not designed for each other.  I have Sean's interior but never did a proper conversion of it.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232

Sweet! Thanks

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

I used this Millennium Falcon model a while ago to piece together a short fan art video clip...just to see if I could.  I thought it turned out ok.

If you're interested, you can see it here.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

the Millenium Falcon
    (if I had not grown up with Star Wars)
    in DAZ land would bring to mind something like the Millenium Cat, the Millenium Dog, and of course the Millenium Woman and Man Mike and Vicky!

Only with a beak and feathers! cheeky

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I used the Falcon in a render not long ago, was fun to work it it :) big thanks VP !

• Any updates on that Falcon interior? 

• kirwin66kirwin66 Posts: 5

I was wondering that myself - I've tried converting that model myself, without a lot of success, unfortunately... :(

• VanishingPoint said:

Did you ever get to finish this? 

• WebsoulWebsoul Posts: 221

nynico_8c2302db09 said:

VanishingPoint said:

Did you ever get to finish this? 

Thank you for giving this thread a bump,

Thanks to that I found http://www.scifi3d.com/  and not I can spend the rest of the weekend looking through StarWars freebies to see what the quality is and what I can use 

•  

Thank you for giving this thread a bump,

Thanks to that I found http://www.scifi3d.com/  and not I can spend the rest of the weekend looking through StarWars freebies to see what the quality is and what I can use 

Hah! Yeah, they seem to have it all!

• WebsoulWebsoul Posts: 221

The creator of the millenium fallcon has a lot of other star wars freebies on their website.
    Vanishing point

• Websoul said:

The creator of the millenium fallcon has a lot of other star wars freebies on their website.
    Vanishing point

Yes! Vanishing point has so many amazing interiors but none that match the Falcon, as far as i can tell.