New Freebie - Desktop shredder - with free paperjam :)

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

This model is a home/office desktop shredder complete with modelled "paper jam", wire and plug.
Presented as a poser prop (PP2) with parented parts for ease of use (select base to move props).

It consists of the following bits....

The Base...

The shredder can be removed from the top of the base so you can empty it. The base has an indented top
in which the shredder fits 100% perfectly. The base has also been made and mapped so the interior can be coloured seperately.

The Shredder...

The wire or the plug can be hidden by simply making either of the material zones invisible.
The shredder also has accurate safety decals and a switch. Both the base and the shredder have 1024x1024 textures with the same plastic 'grain' effect found on real shredders. Making this prop very usefull for those artists neededing realistci object in their scenes.

The "Paper Jam"...

Unlike you when try to dejunk a real shredder :) The "jam" eaily be moved or deleted.

Just like on a real one, theres always more than the recommended number of junk wedged into it as well:)
Including various paperwork such as bills, pizza leaflet and bank card. Plus the obligatory bit of 1/2 shredded paper left over from the last time it jammed up!

Plus, if you fancy making your own textures, theres also templates for the paper stuff.

http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

Useful Things #1 Shredder

Shredder_Sample.jpg
1024 x 768 - 98K

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545
    edited December 1969

I could use one of those in real life...lol

Thank you for the freebie.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Very cool - thanks so much!!

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

I usually just use the Windows JunkIt app to securely erase digital files, but if you think this will be better, I'll download it. Can you guarantee it doesn't just cache the files somewhere else on the hard drive where the cops can find them later?

UPDATE: Also tried to download your Dork Launcher, but nothing happened. Does this mean I'm a dork?

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the shredder. Now I have to find a new iPad and a new office girl.

DoNotHireBlondes.jpg
    640 x 640 - 146K
  • mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Tjeb- like it! Thanks for posting, always like to see what other artists do with these things.

Dorseyland - For full security, what you need is an optional extra called a Cat.

After shredding just place the contents in the kittys litter tray. If your kitty is anything like my tomcats, (where even small a 'emptying' can breach the Geneva Convention on chemical weapons and make the ozone layer hide in the corner whimpering like a puppy) no one will even think about sifting through the contents.

To ensure that your kitty will assist you in covering up any nefarious activities, cook your dinner. As any cat owner knows they'll always drop a decent smellie just as you start eating :)

UPDATE: Also tried to download your Dork Launcher, but nothing happened. Does this mean I’m a dork?

On sparkyworld or poserdirect?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545
    edited December 1969

I have tried downloading the dork launcher as well. Clicking the link on sparky world takes you to poserdirect and that link comes up with a 404 page.

edited December 1969

You mean there really IS a Dork Launcher??? I was just kidding! I thought it was an April Fool's joke!

Does this mean I'm definitely a dork?

edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    Dorseyland - For full security, what you need is an optional extra called a Cat.

1. Is this an add-on at Sparkyworld or Poserdirect?

2. My cats won't eat pixels, even when I hide them in their Whiskas (the pixels, not the cats). Is there a DAZ script for converting pixels to Whiskas? I've sent Richard Hasseltine a PM, but for some reason he tends to ignore me.

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

You mean there really IS a Dork Launcher??? I was just kidding! I thought it was an April Fool’s joke!

Yep it exists, well the 3d model does. As for a real version, I think once the PTB's realise the potential you'll see some. For example to solve unemployment, just aim the launcher towards the North Sea. Obviously for problems like those pesky disabled or old people, you'd need a modified wheelchair friendly version. However I'd advise against using it as a "dunking chair" to test politicians for witchcraft, as that risks seriously polluting the earths oceans.

Does this mean I’m definitely a dork?
    Only applies to tories :)

1. Is this an add-on at Sparkyworld or Poserdirect?

Neither. Any good animal rescue centre :)

2. My cats won’t eat pixels, even when I hide them in their Whiskas (the pixels, not the cats). Is there a DAZ script for converting pixels to Whiskas? I’ve sent Richard Hasseltine a PM, but for some reason he tends to ignore me.

My suggestions would be akin to when you need to tablet a cat.

1. Hide the pixels in their food and watch while they eat everything but that bit.
    2. Attempt to directly insert pixels down throat, while cat will be more successful in removing most of the skin from your arm bones.

BTW - the launcher download. Put the zip in the wrong folder :( But has now been fixed :)