"being repackaged"

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

Thanks for another fine project.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You're welcome.

From the nice people over in the Hexagon forum I found out how to manually fix the .obj files to remove those extra calls for materials in D/S4.x.

If anybody is super interested in such details ... using one's text editor of preference for such matters, search and find all the lines calling for "usemtl material#" and delete them. I might re-up later with an update for this ... and hopefully some more mats.

btw - while I've been putting 'all' these mats in one folder, one can group them into more sub-folders if so desired.

delete_these.png
    772 x 467 - 62K
    edited May 2013

Edit [again] ... yes :-) Great news. Got permis ;-) so it's being repackaged and will be uploaded 'shortly'. :-)

edited December 1969

The BBC has generously okayed this ... so here we go.

NON-commercial use only [of course].

Not for 3d printing, not for games, intended for rendering free fanart images, still or animated.

This is the full up-to-date package as of May 7, 2013.
    2 .cr2 files
    1 .pp2 file
    whole bunch of D/S3 mats.
    [sorry haven't got the Poser mats done - but the textures [oodles of 'em] are in the texture folder and the models should work in Poser]

Click here for DA link

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

Official BBC authorization for use? Congratulations!

You've moved to the top of the list!

edited December 1969

:-) I read it MANY times :-) It was very nice of them ... It's my second permission granted from a large company copyright holder for fanart products like this.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

:-) I read it MANY times :-) It was very nice of them ... It's my second permission granted from a large company copyright holder for fanart products like this.

They only have copyright for the name Tardis, not for the Government issue Police boxes.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

They only have copyright for the name Tardis, not for the Government issue Police boxes.

One would think that yes, however most people over in N.A. when they see one, think Tardis. If one uses the "Police Call Box" in anything that looks remotely like it could be the Tardis for $, the BBC has deep pockets. 'K. So I'm very happy that I have the email they sent me.
    And so there is no confusion with regards to the use of the model, irregardless of who has copyrights to what, it is only for non-commercial use. And that is my right to say.

edited December 1969

If anybody wants some Policeman props Ness Reproductions has some on page 3.

To get to Ness Reproductions one has to Google it ... so I did ... and it's top of the list [unless the list somehow changes over time in a way I don't know about] click here and then go to the downloads page 3 and scroll down.
    On a positive note, at least one doesn't have to sign in.

edited May 2013

Had a little time, so made a little blue box ;-) Just happens to fit some of the available Tardis templates available on the 'Net.

Same rules as before, non-commercial use only. This is a .pp2 created in D/S3. It's a much smaller file as there is no detail modeled in.

DA link

pink.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 267K
    idea.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 67K