Genesis Military Style Beret

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited December 1969 in Freebies

A Military style beret with 6 generic badges

15 colour textures for the beret plus 6 round and 6 shield generic badge designs.

Add texture required to beret first and then the badge. If you choose a shield badge when you already have a round badge, go into Surfaces tab and select the badge you don't want and set the Opacity to zero. The badge you want should be set to 100%.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/69087/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Military-Style-Beret

Pict_2.jpg
600 x 600 - 247K
Pict_1.jpg
600 x 600 - 244K

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

I salute you!

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Holy crap! Perfect timing! I was looking for a beret the other day! Thank you!!! >=D

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy, these are perfect. :)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

On a totally unrelated subject...I've been looking for a good place to slip this in...have you ever given any thought to doing some clothing for men in the late Victorian-Early Edwardian style? Not only would it be a real boon to people doing Steam-punk renders but for those people (like me) who are wanting to do Doctor Who related work. The reason I ask is because I was so impressed by your Georgian collection I though that there might be a chance you'd like to expand a little further down the time line. Keep up the wonderful work and adding a thousand fold to the range of works I can produce.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Outstanding effort and perfect timing. Many thnx and stay well.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Glad you like them. Not the sort of thing I would normally make, so you have to thank Scatha for asking for them.:-)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

I've been wanting a military beret for a long while now. This is great. Interesting designs for the various generic flash. I'm more likely to use real Army unit flash and crests though.

edited December 1969

I purposely didn't use any particular military badge because people from various countries are downloading my items, and I would not be able to cover every single one, and someone would surely complain that their particular country had been missed out.

You just need to make new testures for the badges and apply them.:-)

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I purposely didn't use any particular military badge because people from various countries are downloading my items, and I would not be able to cover every single one, and someone would surely complain that their particular country had been missed out.

You just need to make new testures for the badges and apply them.:-)

I know. One thing to clarify though, what you're calling a "badge" is called a unit's "Flash". The unit's crest is actually separate from the flash. The flash is the fabric "shield" upon which a unit crest (a metal pin denoting the given unit's coat of arms), or, in the case of a Commissioned Officer (or Warrant Officer), his rank pin, is pinned. In the US, at least, all Unit flash is "shield" shaped. Unit crests, however, take many shapes.
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't know about that.

Being British I only know what our berets look like and that was how I modelled it. Most are round or have metal badges, but some, like the SAS have a shield shape badge.

You can always change it to suit yourself.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I wouldn't know about that.

Being British I only know what our berets look like and that was how I modelled it. Most are round or have metal badges, but some, like the SAS have a shield shape badge.

You can always change it to suit yourself.

I was in the US Army for four years, Airborne, stationed at Ft Bragg, NC. I wore the US Army Airborne maroon beret.
  • scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Airborne aren't bad. :)

I used to wear the green myself and have worn the blue (Nato peacekeeper), Royal dutch commando corps.

Wendy did a great job producing these as a generic beret and I must say I am very glad I asked. The result is usable for any country, it only takes a little effort on our parts to make it match our needs. For this I am thankful and enjoyed in the participation from my end.

You're a gem, Wendy.
    :D

edited December 1969

Thank you scatha. I enjoyed doing something different.:-)