Free Playable Toppa-Trumps Poser Card Game

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

A small poser homage to the classic British kid's card game of the 1970/80's "Top Trumps".

Just like the real thing, the game cards are contained in a scratched and scuffed "plastic" box.
The box contains 20 game cards, collector bonus card, and a top card with instructions, all parented to the base of the box. So you can take the lid off, deal the cards and actually play the game!

This freebie also contains details as found on the originals, such as hevitica/arial type of fonts, tone/posterised style images on the back of the cards. Totally inaccurate information on the front, perfect for causing school yard arguements.

As commonly seen with 70's kid's stuff, theres the "mail-a-way" collectors card. Idea was you'd collect enough different bonus cards, send 'em away with the obligatory Postal Order, and the makers would send you a free exclusive set of cards. Reality was you'd always lose the bonus card within days!

The readme shows you how to move all 22 cards very easily. All the cards are textured at 1024x1024 for good rendering quality. Theres even a template for easily making your own sets.

Please Note: While there are plenty of "Trump" style card games avaliable in this style. The name Top Trumps or similar games might be registered trademark in some countries. So don't use any actual brand name unless you have consent. This version is purely a fun virtual homage to something we had as kids and nothing more.

http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

TOPPACARDSAMPLE.jpg
1024 x 768 - 167K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ROTFL!!! Love this, what a great idea. You just made my day, I'm US but we had a very similar card game. Thank You so much.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    This freebie also contains details as found on the originals, such as hevitica/arial type of fonts, tone/posterised style images on the back of the cards. Totally inaccurate information on the front, perfect for causing school yard arguements.
    I noticed!

(Really - a Spitfire and a Wheelie Bin having the same Coolness Factor? One of those has to be wrong...)

Thanks for a fun set of props!

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Jaderail- thanks. what was your version called ?

robkelk - see it works :)

But yea that 1 was a tad extreme :)

Seriously though I heard once this was actually done on some of the real cards.
    The idea being it would get kids into reading.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It was called Wild life in Danger. I never did get my BUG pack I sent off for.