Genesis Sleeveless Jacket

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited December 1969 in Freebies

A sleeveless jacket for Genesis with several textures, some padded, some plain.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/69218/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Sleeveless-Jacket

Pict_1.jpg
600 x 600 - 264K

Comments

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972
    edited December 1969

Downloaded with thanks.
    Also thanks for making your stuff usuable in DS4.0 and not just 4.5

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited May 2013

Come on you lot!!!! How about a few thank yous? Over 100 people have downloaded and only 1 has said thank you here and 7 on ShareCG!

I shan't bother putting a thread up if I'm going to be ignored.>:(

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah poor Wendy, welcome to the wonderful world of a freebie creator. I have one prop that I uploaded to shareCG that has had 415 downloads and only 7 notes of thanks in a year.

I can't be as definite about my texture offerings as they are in 2 places,

I always find I get as much, if not more, pleasure at seeing people using my stuff even if they haven't posted a ty note.

edited December 1969

I was taught to say thank you and it doesn't take more than a few seconds to type that out.

I just get so annoyed at how greedy people are. If I download a freebie I always leave a thank you.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth, Wendy, thank you! I'm not likely to use the jacket itself any time soon, but I do love seeing your newest work, and at least half of my Genesis clothes have your name on them.

• ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Wendy this is yet another beautiful piece.Thank you for all you do! Right now rendering is on hold for me. :( But when I'm able to come back watch out!

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thank you a lot for sleeveless jacket. I didn't know I needed one until I saw this and a lot of ideas popped into my head.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147
    edited December 1969

Though I probably won't use the jacket any time soon (I don't have anything planned that would require it) I love your stuff, particularly your buckled-heel boots which seem to find their way into a lot of my renders.

From what I learned on the internet, people generally don't like to get thanked because they see those messages as spam, even though most people who give thanks are being sincere about it. That's one of the reasons I don't do it, even though I'm very grateful. However, I'll keep this in mind next time you post something, since I didn't want to annoy you with "spam" to begin with.

Thank you for the jacket and sharing all the other wonderful freebies with us. :)

V5_Elf_wearing_Pusey_Design.png
    686 x 1201 - 406K
  • fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

thnk u so much yr things are well made xxxx

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just got the the Freepoz, I so hope you know I get one and all of your free items once I know about them. I post here instead of on ShareCG because sometimes my Posts go poof over there.

edited December 1969

Thanks to those who have responded to my moan, but the majority of you are the ones who already say thank you.
    The same people always thank me, and I'm grateful. Makes me feel it is worth carrying on.

It's all the others I was moaning at!

• frodifrodi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you heaps Wendy, your work is fabulous.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I think there are a lot of people who just have never been brought up to say thank you. I can understand your frustration but I think that they do appreciate what you do or they wouldn't download it.

• edited May 2013

Hi Wendy,

I have learned over the years to take the downloads as a 'thank-you." I share similar views to Gingercakes. I believe many folks have not been raised to say thank-you. For those of us who have, we try to do that, even online. But by and large, there are a lot who view the 'thank-yous' as spam (both on the creator side as well as the receiving side), and there are some who don't think to at all.

As a content creator/freebie maker... I learned a long time ago to just take the download numbers as my thank-yous. If folks didn't like it and appreciate it, they wouldn't download the item. That's just my view. Do I appreciate it when someone takes the time to post a thank-you? Absolutely, I do. But I also understand that many view those posts as "spam" and are afraid to irritate the content creators... and some just never were taught to do so.

Anytime someone downloads one of my freebies - it's a thank-you. It means they liked it enough to download it, and if they're looking for freebies, if they've been in this field for any length of time, they most likely DO appreciate it, because let's face it... the paid items are getting more and more expensive as time goes on, and the hobby is becoming more and more of a drain on the wallet as time goes on. Freebie makers who put out content for no charge are greatly appreciated in my book.

I also look at it this way as well : I don't post my freebies up to get written comments and praises. I post them because I enjoy making them, because I remember what it was like to be getting started in this and not be able to spend for all the paid items, and I remember how long I lived off of almost exclusively "freebies." I post them because I enjoy watching other people have fun with them, and I honestly enjoy seeing what things can become in the hands of other people. I post them because I want to GIVE. I do this because I enjoy it, not for an income, not for an obligation, or any expectations. I do it as much for myself as a creative outlet, as I do for the community, who can reap the rewards of my work, and has frequently, VERY frequently, had an active hand in helping me DO that work, and given some very valuable input over the years in how to do it, and what sorts of things to include in it.

But bottom line... I make freebies because I enjoy doing it, and because I enjoy being able to give back a little, and maybe help some folks out who can't afford all the high-price-tag items in the mainstream stores.

Now, with all of that said... LOL. I'm still fumbling around in Studio myself, but I think the look of this jacket is wonderful, and I do thank you for making it available. And the next time I'm fumbling around with Genesis, I will most likely put it to use. And having gotten to your ShareCG links... you've been busy from what I can see! And I have downloaded quite a few of those items today - so... thank you again, you have excellent content in there... and some of them give me ideas for textures, too. =)

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on
  • frodifrodi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Seliah, that is a great letter you wrote here, I know of course that it is for Wendy, but I loved reading it. (Now I am looking forward to your textures, lol).

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I may forget to sometimes verbalize my thanks but I do try to leave ratings or point out when things are used in a render. You're a very valued member of the community.