Urban Streets Of Tomorrow by sfman

Comments

• Very beautiful, looks very professional too! Thank you very much for sharing!

• Here is my entry in January's freebie contest.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Awesome

• WOWcool

• Looks great. The only problem is I can't use Iray on my computer. How hard would it be to convert this for 3Delight? 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Wow, sfman, ​all I can say is wow.  Not only is this a stunning environment, but you spent 8 hours and are giving away free.  

I'm really impressed.

Thank you.

• This is incredible. Thanks

Looks great. The only problem is I can't use Iray on my computer. How hard would it be to convert this for 3Delight? 

There is a freebie script out there thant converts Iray to 3dlight. Just look around and do a search.

This is a very nice set sfman and for free it can't be beat. Outstanding work look foward to your new stuff either paid or free.

• Thank you very much! Looks great!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

finally got my PC back from being repaired so downloading this awesome looking set

hope to have an animation done soon

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 144

This is so cool! Thank you very much!

• Looks great. The only problem is I can't use Iray on my computer. How hard would it be to convert this for 3Delight? 

I haven't tried converting it to 3DL yet. The script might be a good start. I think this might take a few hours of hand-tweaking due to all the neon signs. The set allows you to load one building at a time so if spending more than a few minutes tweaking gets tedious, you could always do one building at a time, save the new materials, and then repeat with another building at a later time.

It's a gorgeous set.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

One thing that would help is the surface search free Script, also from esemwy; lets you find and select surfaces with specific text names. (Assuming the neon has any consistency)

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

I'm working on a Blade Runner scene using this set.  I'll post it when it's done.  Very nice set.

is an awesome set, I am trying to get it into iClone bit by bit but may need to get it into Poser first as the DAZ studio U wrap issue raises it's ugly head.

Got it into Carrara but have to untick U on UV wrap in the vertex room on nearly every single mesh by looks as I do on many duf props is too big for our notepad hack.

I know 

not expecting anything more from a freebie, am totally used to doing this on stuff I pay good money for from DAZ wink as Carrara not supported by them, pretty certain they could fix that bug if they cared

one of the many DS content in Carrara issues but I am a stubborn blighter even use their incompatible Genesis 3 &8 figures and geografts!

BTW that bug even affects obj I model myself imported into DS and saved as duf!

the DAZ fans claim it is a feature cheeky

going to Poser format the only fix I can find as any obj export is stuffed for Blender, iClone etc I am willing to bet that is why they made a Max plugin

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515

Thanks for this Fantastic set! ;-)

edited January 2018

Videos

I need to do a lot of map chasing and U wrap fixing still but getting there

SFfan streets0000.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 563K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • th3Digit said:

Videos

I need to do a lot of map chasing and U wrap fixing still but getting there

Wow! when it's done it will look like a game level.cool

• keekerkeeker Posts: 48

Thanks for the Oustanding set!

• sfmansfman Posts: 6

Thank you all for your positive comments.

And @th3Digit . . . you're a crazy girl in a very positive way.

I haven't tried converting it to 3DL yet. The script might be a good start. I think this might take a few hours of hand-tweaking due to all the neon signs. The set allows you to load one building at a time so if spending more than a few minutes tweaking gets tedious, you could always do one building at a time, save the new materials, and then repeat with another building at a later time.

It's a gorgeous set.

Yeah, I ended up doing that. Even after removing enough to get the file size down to where I could render out an RIB file, the actual RIB file was corrupt and wouldn't render in 3Delight Stand alone. It woudl crash the renderer. The funny thing is it doesn't seem to be a problem with the buildings, but, rather, one or more of the "accessories", though I'm not sure which ones.

edited February 2018

As promised, Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit:

Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit

Post edited by tkdrobert on

I edited all my galleries to give you credit for the set and a link to it.  Thanks again for this.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    tkdrobert said:

What an outstanding render to showcase an outstanding free Street set!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this freebie with the community!!

• Max_theHitmanMax_theHitman Posts: 66
    edited February 2018
    tkdrobert said:

Fabulous scene!

Well done, congratulations!  I am a great fan of "Blade Runner".

Where to get a Blade Runner Spinner for Daz Studio? I cannot find one.

Post edited by Max_theHitman on
  • Thank You, I am new to all this but I downloaded to give it a try. Wish me luck.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Thank You, I am new to all this but I downloaded to give it a try. Wish me luck.

Good Luck Sametra, I just know you are going to have loads of options with this amazing set!!!

edited February 2018
    tkdrobert said:

Fabulous scene!

The Spinner is a free Lightwave model I had converted to OBJ using a free program from Google.  I can't remember the name of the program and I'm not at home right now.  I'll get you the name later tonight.  Although the model converted pretty well, I had to manually apply the textures and emissive surfaces.  It was a hard and long process, because not all of the texture names matched the material names in the "Surface" tab.  I had to use reference pictures and a lot of guess work.  However, it was well worth the effort. 

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

Fabulous scene!

The Spinner is a free Lightwave model I had converted to OBJ using a free program from Google.  I can't remember the name of the program and I'm not at home right now.  I'll get you the name later tonight.  Although the model converted pretty well, I had to manually apply the textures and emissive surfaces.  It was a hard and long process, because not all of the texture names matched the material names in the "Surface" tab.  I had to use reference pictures and a lot of guess work.  However, it was well worth the effort. 

Very cool of you.

I always dreamed of having the old Blade Runner film Flying "Spinner car" or the modern version to use in DAZ-studio.

Great city scenes such as Urban Streets Of Tomorrow created by sfman, just call out for some futuristic looking vehicles

to put on it.

It is such a beautiful city model ! Thank you once again SFMAN !

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

this looks sooo amazing, excellent scene! i'd really love to use it.

now.. before i download it for nothing... it's huge (the textures?), i don't know if i ever opened such a heavy scene. and iray, too (ok, i could convert, but with all the elements... ugh. also, a lot of the gorgeousness might get lost). i'm working on a laptop, and i worry the scene might crash DS just for opening it, or fry my card/gpu/etc when i render, even i never render bigger than 1200x900, or whatever could happen with a huge scene on a frail system...