Does DSON work with Poser Pro 2014?

124»

Comments

• The files you see are the Poser Companion files, from the PoserCF zip. That doesn't mean the files from the DSON core are correctly placed, especially if you are installing manually. Where exactly are the CR2 for loading the figure, and the \Data\Daz 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Genesis 2 Fermale.dsf files on your system?

I am installing just the files that say runtime into the poser system. And the ones that has daz content into a my daz library Right now I don't have daz installed yet. But the old folder is there. When I open poser and look under daz ppl you can see the PNG image for genesis female just like v4 etc. Then DSON acts like it's importing then it quickly shuts of and nothing appears. You can see I white area where the figure is supposed to be. But seems like I copied all my daz files to poser. I can only get on here once a day that why it takes me so long to reply. But I open the contents folder then extract to the poser folder. I don't open the folder or it will make extra folders. I did a install from daz installer program and changed the install location to my poser content folder but I didn't do everything just one item. But it never loaded either. I had the props loading but now they won't load.
  • The files you see are the Poser Companion files, from the PoserCF zip. That doesn't mean the files from the DSON core are correctly placed, especially if you are installing manually. Where exactly are the CR2 for loading the figure, and the \Data\Daz 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Genesis 2 Fermale.dsf files on your system?

I am installing just the files that say runtime into the poser system. And the ones that has daz content into a my daz library Right now I don't have daz installed yet. But the old folder is there. When I open poser and look under daz ppl you can see the PNG image for genesis female just like v4 etc. Then DSON acts like it's importing then it quickly shuts of and nothing appears. You can see I white area where the figure is supposed to be. But seems like I copied all my daz files to poser. I can only get on here once a day that why it takes me so long to reply. But I open the contents folder then extract to the poser folder. I don't open the folder or it will make extra folders. I did a install from daz installer program and changed the install location to my poser content folder but I didn't do everything just one item. But it never loaded either. I had the props loading but now they won't load.

documents folder.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 207K
    poser contents folder.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 159K
    runtime folder.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 174K
    giselle duf location.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 232K
    runtime people.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 233K
  • And does This PC>Documents>Poser pro 2014 Content>Data>Daz 3D>Genesis 2>Female contain the Genesis 2 Female.dsf file? If not is This PC>Documents>Daz 3D>Studio>My Library set as an external library location in Poser, if that's where the .dsf file is?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

The "Poser" files are simply  python scripts to tell Poser to use the DSON Importer to load the DSON core files.  The DSON Core content thus needs to be in a folder that had been added to the Poser Library.

I installed all of the Poser CF and DSON Core files to my DAZ Studio Library folder, and added this to the Poser Library as an external Runtime.  This shows how to add an external Runtime folder to the Poser Library...

https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982178-installing-poser-content-from-previous-poser-versions

• And does This PC>Documents>Poser pro 2014 Content>Data>Daz 3D>Genesis 2>Female contain the Genesis 2 Female.dsf file? If not is This PC>Documents>Daz 3D>Studio>My Library set as an external library location in Poser, if that's where the .dsf file is?

Yeah. Here is the pic. I finally got Giselle to load but she loads white. And I injected Bambi morphs which worked. And the mats worked but I had to locate the files. I got her pixie dress to load but like I said they look pixelated. My props won't load at all now.
    genesis female duf.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 139K
  • Thank you all for your help. I finally got it to work. Just some tweaking on my files because I have them duplicated everywhere. But so much easier for me to use these products in poser. And I think the final render is so much better.