Is this Site Legitimate

edited January 2018 in Freebies

We're new at using DAZ and starting to get used to the process.  We found this site (Site name Removed) when looking for freebies, but it doesn't seem legitimate.  We respect the intellectual property rights of people and don't want to use a site that would be cheating the designer.  Anyone know about them?

Thanks

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

No,   and do make sure to scan your computer if you visited, and if you did download anything then delete that before running the scan.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Also the site is legitimate, the items sold in the store are created by the people selling them. Daz simply offers them a place to sell through as well as the company creating and selling their own products.

I have come across problems depending where I access from, since a school will not allow access due to the images that show off characters might have nudity in order to show off skin textures. Otherwise, store bought items are not infringing on copyright.

The only things that "might" be questionable, as Chohole stated, is a freebie, though many do follow the rules and laws regarding copyright.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Also the site is legitimate, the items sold in the store are created by the people selling them. Daz simply offers them a place to sell through as well as the company creating and selling their own products.

I have come across problems depending where I access from, since a school will not allow access due to the images that show off characters might have nudity in order to show off skin textures. Otherwise, store bought items are not infringing on copyright.

The only things that "might" be questionable, as Chohole stated, is a freebie, though many do follow the rules and laws regarding copyright.

You are getting confused,   THe OP was asking about another site,   the name of which I removed from the post.  They were not asking about the Daz Site.

THe site they were asking about appears to be a spoof, using the name of a regular site, with an added suffix  and it sets up all sorts of alarms just by visiting the site, if you have the sort of AV protection that I run.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Oops, my bad, thanks for clearing that up.