Aluminium Storefront Door

2»

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

Yes, ERC can take a while to learn, but it opens up a whole new world in rigging. :)

I actually did something similar with a briefcase lid and brace arms. When the lid is opened, the arms move with it. The arms are tied in to the OpenLid parameter by an ERC freeze.  It looks like I just had to adjust the scalar value, but another option is to have a keyed value, which basically allows you to animate where a certain bone will be in relation to another throughout the whole range of motion. Hope that makes sense.

imageimage

PropHier.png
    609 x 869 - 70K
    bcase.png
    1288 x 1024 - 141K
  • EC3DEC3D Posts: 131
    edited February 2018

I've heard the term keyed value before when watching a video on animation, so yes that makes a little sense to me, and gives me a direction. Thanks. :) Also, the briefcase looks cool.

Post edited by EC3D on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Okay, me not being able to apply the textures was just me being dumb. Managed to get all textures to their proper places today. Then replaced a couple of them with some other Iray textures from my library...

The door looks great, but could it be that it is a bit of a memory hog? While testing, I had the double door in my viewport twice with different textures, a nude G3F and three spotlights of different colours, and moving the viewport got kinda crawly... Not that I would expect my gaming PC to be superfast and with enough figures loaded I encountered this crawlyness before, but two props, a figure and three lights slowing it down was a bit weird...

They look great though... I sure will find some use for them smiley

• EC3DEC3D Posts: 131
    edited February 2018

Glad you got it working maidecker. That is some important feedback for me, I'll have to look into why. The geometry I added to it should not have made too drastic a difference, but I only have my own rig to base that from. The textures could be the culprit.

I will keep that in mind, since this prop still has a couple updates left before I walk away from it at least. I had to take a few days off from it.

https://gyazo.com/5c313f21eacd3d4f53e8c5a7e33e4170

Just an idea of what's coming along with the next update. Broken into sections for modular use as well.

Post edited by EC3D on