Instanced Grass Kit -- a new landscape resource

2»

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

Here is an image I did using your grass and the free replicator script.  Thank you. 

Born to Fly

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited March 2018

I also tried out your grass in Carrara using the surface replicator.. thanks yes

used on this image..

Post edited by Stezza on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Thanks - great product.

I used it in one of my entries to this months freebie contest: As Green as a Dryad's Grove

I didn't use any scattering script or product, just created and duplicated node instances to make patches of grass I could place manually.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,847
    edited March 2018

It took me awhile to get back to this, because my computer was in the shop (dead MB sad), but now It is back. The new ground with UV mapping is working great. I was able to apply a ground shader just fine. Thank you for the update!!!!

Mephoria Grass Kit with Ground Shader.png
    2000 x 1236 - 5M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

Thanks for this! 

• handel_035c4ce6handel_035c4ce6 Posts: 460
    edited November 2018

What's Ultrascatter, I have never heard of this?

Ultrascatter makes this what is made easily by default from of any serious 3D program... besides DS where you have to buy it.

Post edited by handel_035c4ce6 on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited November 2018

And I can't use IRay. My computer doesn't support it. 

You don't need an nVidia GPU to use Iray, though of course it will be slower using only the CPU (how it compares to 3Delight will depend on how many advanced features of 3Delight you are using).

_And how about this_??  _iray is not an option in render engine

2iRay.png
    1600 x 816 - 370K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,847
    ed3D said:

And I can't use IRay. My computer doesn't support it. 

You don't need an nVidia GPU to use Iray, though of course it will be slower using only the CPU (how it compares to 3Delight will depend on how many advanced features of 3Delight you are using).

_And how about this_??  _iray is not an option in render engine

You are using Daz Studio 4.6. I believe that is too old to render with Iray. The latest released version of Daz Studio is 4.10.0.123. The latest Beta is  4.11.0.236. Both of those have Iray support.

barbult said:

You are using Daz Studio 4.6. I believe that is too old to render with Iray. The latest released version of Daz Studio is 4.10.0.123. The latest Beta is  4.11.0.236. Both of those have Iray support.

_Alright then ,Thanks    Not sure which version iRay started with _,  will continue to use 4.6 then_

ed3D said:

_Alright then ,Thanks    Not sure which version iRay started with _,  will continue to use 4.6 then_

_ Daz Studio 4.8  _