Rakuda's Freebies

2»

Comments

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited May 2018

Here is a pipe stand to go along with the pipe.

Download pipestand on ShareCG.com and use freely!

pipestand_render.jpg
    942 x 1220 - 454K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020
    SixDs said:

Ah, yes, the once ubiquitous paint by numbers paintings. Do they still make those sets? I can still remember the distinctive smell of those little pots of paint, even after all these decades.

Thanks for the stuff, Rakuda.

Thanks for the freebies: and also for the memory-jog re paint by numbers.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Rakuda said:
    This one is especially for @maikdecker

^__^

Got it.. and the pipe stand, too. Thank you for your work :)

edited May 2018

@maikdecker Absolutely! here is an update on the mop-head for the mop that I am making. Now I need a bucket to go along with it.

Thought I had it with the mop, but apparently, there is still an issue holding the head of the mop together and containing

the strands. There probably has to be a physically weld of the strands to form a band along the root.

Update: Definitely weight mappping is going to be the way to go for holding the mop head in place while simulating it.

^__^

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited May 2018

Here is the mop bucket. I need to put an arm bar on the squeezer mechanism and some little wheels, but almost there.

mop_bucket.JPG
    1394 x 855 - 128K
    54756.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 742K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Rakuda said:

Update: Definitely weight mappping is going to be the way to go for holding the mop head in place while simulating it.

Glad I could be of help wink

I think you could do without that holey white bit, where those strands run through, unless you deem it necessary for the looks... the strands could just run through the mop head (and pretend the would use holes, that ar just as large as the strands are round...
    Or you could use shorter strands - half length - coming out of the bottom of the mop head, which I think to have even seen in real mop design somewhen in the past..
    Either way, the power of weightmapping will keep those dangly bits nicely in place when dForcing...

Oh... and the mop bucket needs a handle to drag it around. And maybe a small basket attached to it, for a sponge and a piece of cloth to wipe stuff and to put the bottle of detergent in... Just if it's not too much work, of course... wink

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited May 2018

I actually rendered a scene recently that had a mop and bucket similar to that, but the mop was very basic and the mop-head was sorta locked into the particular plopped-onto-the-floor shape already, and the caster-wheeled bucket lacked the squeeze-the-mop thingy at the top.  It was out of some school-hallway scene I'd bought some while back.

Yeah, we definitely need newer, better mops and buckets.  Make it the best you can make it, within reason of course.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on