Sundress for G8F

grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
edited June 2018 in Freebies

Sometimes a lady assasin needs to fulfil a contract when it's hot and she wants to look elegant and cool as she gets the job done. This lovely frock will do nicely.

It is available now on ShareCG for low, low sale price of free.  Enjoy!

Special thanks to Charles West for pointing out that I forgot the link in the original post. Here it is:  https://sharecg.com/v/91663/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Sundress-for-G8F

Assassin Dress - G8F Front.jpg
800 x 800 - 228K
Assassin Dress - G8F Back.jpg
1229 x 950 - 302K
Post edited by grinch2901 on

Comments

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2018

Yikes, I forgot the link! You saved the thread, Charles West! For that you get an extra 100% off on this freebie! Thanks!

Post edited by grinch2901 on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Grabbed it and can't wait to try it, it looks really good. Thank you for the freebies

• Thank you very much for sun dress. Just an FYI, I downloaded it but the directory for the dress is set for Genesis 3 Female. Was no big deal to move it, but some may install it and then wonder where it went to :)   Thanks Again

Thanks for pointing out the directory problem, I just fixed it and updated the file in the original location.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thanks for the cute dress, after installing it, DS gives a missing file warning : runtime/textures/diane/fabtex/fabtex_cotton1b.jpg

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

Thank you :-)

gitika1 said:

Thanks for the cute dress, after installing it, DS gives a missing file warning : runtime/textures/diane/fabtex/fabtex_cotton1b.jpg

I replaced all the textures I used for testing but I guess I missed one. That's a fail on my part. Thankfully I didn't stupidly include someone elses texture, the error is a good sign.  I'll fix this and re-upload it.  Thanks for the feedback.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,606

Wow, nice freebie. Went and downloaded at sharecg. Thanks

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Enjoy it!

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

This is gorgeous!

Ordinary Girl.jpg
    741 x 1186 - 528K

Nice render, like how the backdrop compliments the color scheme of the girl and her dress. Glad you are enjoying the dress!

• Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618
    edited July 2018

Hi grinch2901,

thank you so much for the sundress! kiss The dress looks wonderful and works fine!

Here is my test render with an floral texture.

grinch-Sundress1.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 646K
    Post edited by Rieke77 on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Looks real good.  Can't wait to get home, download it and play with it.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Thanks so much for this great sundress!!!

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited July 2018

i think i'll make a fridge-ad render with it ( then post the render here )

though my target figure is a Genesis 1 .... i'll see

mcjTheReturnOfTamoka3.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 156K
    Post edited by mCasual on

Made minor modifications for the Fridge promo :)

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

is it just me, or does it not work with poses at all?

you can use the thigh joints of the dress to solve some poke through if it occurs 

no nose said:

mCasual said:

you can use the thigh joints of the dress to solve some poke through if it occurs 

no nose said:

how do I do that?

in the scene panel, you expand the dress hierarchy and select a thigh joint, then using the parameters tab of the rotate tool you bend unbend the thigh

there's also the push-modifier, which must be explained in a Daz3D Youtube video  , it pushes the dress away from the figure and can solve some poke-through issues

no nose said:
    mCasual said:

no nose said:

how do I do that?

mCasual said:

in the scene panel, you expand the dress hierarchy and select a thigh joint, then using the parameters tab of the rotate tool you bend unbend the thigh

there's also the push-modifier, which must be explained in a Daz3D Youtube video  , it pushes the dress away from the figure and can solve some poke-through issues

no nose said:
    mCasual said:

no nose said:

how do I do that?

it still doesn't follow with poses

no nose, you are correct. It doesn't follow poses. If you want it to, you can open the transfer tool, select G8F as source, Dress as destination and select knee length dress. If you do this you will lose the bones for posing the skirt individually but you will gain the bones that will automagically pose it with the thigh movements. It will not look very good that way (in my experience) but it would work that way.  For full skirts I've found that to be somewhat unsatisfactory for my purposes but your mileage may vary.

You see I do still renders so for me posing the helper bones (left front, right front, etc) makes a better looking and more natural render. But if you want it to follow the thighs you can do as I suggest above.