Poser 2012 always loads two genesis figures

Jeff KirklandJeff Kirkland Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi All,

I'm thinking I may have messed something up here. I've installed DSON and Genesis in Poser Pro 2012 (using the DAZ Install Manager) but everytime I load Genesis, I get two figures. I can obviously just delete the second one but I figure something's not right. What've I missed?

it also seems to be running incredibly slowly. With just the base Genesis figure loaded I can go make a cup of coffee in the time it takes to switch from the pose to the materials tab. I remember playing with DSON & Genesis when it was in public beta and I don't remember it making things anywhere near that slow.

This is on a 2010 iMac with 8gb RAM running OS X 10.8.4 - Poser service packs, etc all up to date. DSON & Genesis (1 & 2) installed via DAZ3DIM yesterday.

All suggestions appreciated...

Cheers
Jeff K

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I have no idea about your double load - sorry, I even never heard about it. You have something special there ... ok, that doesn't help either.

8GB RAM should be fine.

How to get it faster
    Scripts / DSON Support / Importer Preferences and untick show progress on load

Set the figure’s subdivision to “OFF” while you work within the scene. Turn it back to its previous value before you render. Genesis defaults to SubDivision Level 1. (This can also be set in MeshResolution > SubDivision Level in the Parameter Pane.)

Go into your General Preferences and see if Multi-threaded Bending is checked. If it is, uncheck it.

• Jeff KirklandJeff Kirkland Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply and the tips.

Since posting I've deleted everything DAZ related from the iMac. I deleted Poser. i scoured the computer for every file, hidden or otherwise, that had a name connected with poser, DAZ, DSON or Smith Micro and deleted them. I'm fairly certain I got as close to clean and uninstalled as I possibly could.

I then re-installed Poser, DSON, and Genesis, I did this today and re-downloaded the DSON importer, and the Genesis starter essentials to make sure it everything was up to date. End result: I still load two copies of Genesis every time.

Not a show stopper but it means I have to wait twice as long to load a figure and annoying because it has me beaten. For what it's worth, I installed Poser on my macbook and it works fine and only loads one figure as expected.

My only next choice I guess is to do a clean install of the entire computer...

• edited December 1969

preference files and temp files sometimes cause weird problems what specific os ??

edited August 2013

This is on a 2010 iMac with 8gb RAM running OS X 10.8.4 - Poser service packs, etc all up to date.

If there were any preference files left, they were well hidden. When I uninstalled Poser I did a system wide search for visible and hidden files that contained all the keywords i could think of and deleted anything Poser related.

I'll try a clean install through the week I guess - although this happened on a clean install to start with. Basically the only the thing this iMac has installed is Poser, DAZ Studio and some DAZ content. I installed Poser 2012 and Victoria 4, messed around with that for a week or so, then I installed DAZ Studio 4.6 and Genesis 1 & 2 but loading anything DSON always loads two copies.

It's got me beat...

Post edited by Jeff Kirkland on
  • edited December 1969

Sounds like you did a great and through job I have seen temp files cause similar problems with other software never used poser on a mac only other thing I can think of check the extension versions on both machines see if they are the same

edited December 1969

Yeah, it's like it's running the DSON importer twice. On screen i get the "Loading CR2" message and the figure loads but then it immediately Shows "Loading CR2" again and loads a second copy.

Luckily this iMac is being set back up after a clean install and I haven't installed much so it won't be too painful to start again.

• SestiferSestifer Posts: 10
    edited August 2013

I'm facing the same issue...
    I'm on a Mac Pro OS X 10.8.4. and PP 2014.
    DSON importer used to work perfectly a few month ago as far as I remember (I don't use it really often). But one day DSON started to import everything twice... That also means it takes double time to load... :(

Genesis is almost unusuable on Poser...

3 days spent to check everything and tried everything I imagined... I just deinstalled and reinstalled DSON importer, Genesis CF and DS 4.6.

Nothing was solved... I just managed to mess up my DAZ library as now even if I didn't erase the original content, DS only looks on its main root and not in my library root anymore... It doesn't find textures anymore, I have to locate all of them one by one...

Then deinstalling doesn't solve anything about twice loading figures.
    I'm really fed up with DSON importer and Genesis... :(
    But I really need this character working in Poser as I just bought Bot Genesis and have to make it work with my other characters which are all in Poser... I also need Poser render engine...

Can't find any idea anymore to make things work...

Post edited by Sestifer on
  • edited December 1969

Was having the same problem with Poser Pro 2014 on my iMac.

Got an e-mail form tech support and they suggested I drag and drop the character instead od double clicking or pushing the button with the double check marks and it worked fine.

I also found the turning off the DSON preference to view the progress during loading sped up the loading of clothes about 10 times at least for my genesis characters

• SestiferSestifer Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help. I just tried : drag and drop works fine ! :)
    I now have only 1 Genesis loading at a time. It saves a lot of loading time.
    I also turned off the "view progress".

Genesis still takes a long time to load but it's really faster than before.
    Thanks a lot :)