Duck Pool Float - NOW UPDATED

grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
edited July 2018 in Freebies

I've provided a quickie pool float prop in the shape of a duck. It has a few morphs to adjust shapes to your liking. The texture at the top of the beak is a bit wonky, you may want to tweak that to your liking as well. I wanted to add some wrinkles and the like but without making it poly-heavy that wasn't working out. So it's super smooth, sorry if that spoils the realism.

Enjoy!

NOTE: I've improved this with a set of morphs and new textures to allow you to make it a swan, flamingo or duck.  If you already grabbed this, go ahead and grab this one instead: 

https://sharecg.com/v/91796/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Morphing-Pool-Float-IMPROVED-Duck-Float

Duck Float Test 3.jpg
1229 x 950 - 391K
Duck Float Test 2.jpg
1229 x 950 - 671K
Pool Toys 1.jpg
1229 x 950 - 331K
Post edited by grinch2901 on

Comments

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048

Yay!  Duck float!

yesheartlaugh

Love it!

If you are looking for suggestions on how to improve it, maybe morph a tail onto to the back (i.e. pull part of it upwards) or just add a tail?  That's what I plan do do with it!

I like the seam around the outer edge!

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Thank you!

It's a great one with a much better mesh than mine!

And it has morphs too!

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

You meam something like this?

Duck Float Test 4.jpg
    1229 x 950 - 452K
    edited July 2018

Well, I was trying to do something cool in Hexagon, but it messed up the texture map, plus it's hard to see the points to adjust so it didn't go quite as well as I would have liked with the tail.  Anyways, here's a Frankensteined version of what I think might look cool.  I like your tail  though (taller maybe?  Depends on what the crowd thinks), this attempt is more about setting up a separate color below the seam...

Either way, thanks very much for this!

duckfloattest1.jpg
    600 x 403 - 39K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

I'll update it with a tail morph, make it a taller tail.  Not sure why the texture would get messed up, it's all yellow except the eyes and the beak, and those are still in the right place so unless you moved polys out of the UV map they should still be yellow.  Regardless I'll do an update.

One things to watch out for is the morphs sort of overlap so if you dial up one, you might get a bigger head too. But you can dial down the head size independantly, that's a seperate morph luckily.  I kind of rushed this and it shouldnt have that behavior. Sorry.

edited July 2018

I'll update it with a tail morph, make it a taller tail.  Not sure why the texture would get messed up, it's all yellow except the eyes and the beak, and those are still in the right place so unless you moved polys out of the UV map they should still be yellow.  Regardless I'll do an update.

Well, I chopped the figure in half, deleted the rear half, and then duplicated the front half and spun the second instance around 180 degrees and welded it together again.  Yeah the UV wrap didn't like that...

My thought was, since the neck was already there, I could just whack off the head, and then bridge the hole in the top of the neck with a few faces/edges.  It was a nice thought in theory anyways...

And I expanded the head 5% on the original figure (and hid the rest of the body) to 'hide' my head with the now messed up texture map on my WIP.  Yeah it's yellow, but the beak and eyes weren't lining up.

Anyways, I saw your update in the other thread.  Looking forward to seeing the final product!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

thanks

Note: I updated this with some requested morphs: tail, wings, and my own request for neck and beak morphs to make it either a swan or flamingo.  New upload available here:

https://sharecg.com/v/91796/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Morphing-Pool-Float-IMPROVED-Duck-Float

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Note: I updated this with some requested morphs: tail, wings, and my own request for neck and beak morphs to make it either a swan or flamingo.  New upload available here:

thank you!  Can never have enough pool floaties.  This is super cute.

edited February 2020

You know you've 'made it' when your freebie makes it into a Daz product promo pic!

I saw that promo pic today while Daz shopping and immdeiately recognized that duck, just had to share!

BTW, if anyone is curious, this promo pic is for:

https://www.daz3d.com/mee-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Thanks again for making this pool duck float for us grinch2901! 

You know you've 'made it' when your freebie makes it into a Daz product promo pic!

I saw that promo pic today while Daz shopping and immdeiately recognized that duck, just had to share!

BTW, if anyone is curious, this promo pic is for:

https://www.daz3d.com/mee-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Thanks again for making this pool duck float for us grinch2901! 

Oh wow! I missed that! That's awesome!