Retro and Fun Highway Signs

Just posted this this afternoon. https://sharecg.com/v/91893/browse/11/Poser/Ligeias-Highways-Byways

This only my third offering, and my biggest project so far. I am not new at modeling, but I am new at

learning how to package my creations for sharing. If you find errors with file structure, etc., please let

me know. While I use DAZ, I package for poser – so I am not sure if setting material options is even

possible. I would like to package for DAZ, but have yet to find a good tutorial. If anyone knows of one

I would appreciate a link. - preferably written instructions and not a video by someone who works too

fast to follow and can be barely understood :)

This pack started with my first public offering – a Route 66 sign (which is included here too). Inside

you will find an odd collection of North American highway markers – many of which are historical in

that the signs have been modernized – or the highways no longer exist.

Like with my Route 66 pack, all the signs here come in two versions – one mounted on a signpost, and

another with just the shield, suitable for mounting on the wall of your favorite tavern or teenager's

room. As a bonus, I have also included a few random road signs. These have only the sign, although I

have included a post that will line up with them when placed(sorry, mounting bolts not included),

A few of the signs have alternate worn/clean textures, but you will have to apply those manually until I

learn how to package my props for DAZ.

All of the signs were created using Gimp, Blender, Wings3D and Inkscape – and then assembled in

Daz. I am sure I could do most of it in Blender, but I have never been too big on reading manuals and

my process now works well enough for me for now

HighwaysBywaysPromo.jpg
2000 x 1075 - 3M

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited July 2018

Thanks! It will sound weird but my alltime favorite road is Florida A1A state highway.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Thanks! It will sound weird but my alltime favorite road is Florida A1A state highway.

Nothing weird about it at all, I have a few roads that are my favorites as well. I spent many happy years living just off Calirornia 1. In the promo picture my character is posing along the stretch of PCH where I learned to drive :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Thanks! It will sound weird but my alltime favorite road is Florida A1A state highway.

Nothing weird about it at all, I have a few roads that are my favorites as well. I spent many happy years living just off Calirornia 1. In the promo picture my character is posing along the stretch of PCH where I learned to drive :)

Yes, I think that California Highway 1 is the most famous highway in the world. It's been a dream, more than a goal, that one day I'll visit California and drive the entire length of that highway. Florida A1A is the Florida equivalent of California Highway 1 although much shorter and less dramatic. Unfortunately since I was a child traveling A1A much of the former sand dune and ocean scenery has been bulldozed. I also want to drive the entire length of the Pan American Highway and Trans Canada Highway. laugh