Is there a tool or plugin to make poser save cr2's in a legacy format?

invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I really dislike asking these questions,it makes me feel as though i am bothering people

anyway

does anyone know if there is a tool or plugin to make poser save cr2's in a legacy format?

i want to save my creations in a version 5,6,or 7 format,

i started using poser, since version 4..before pro pack,and most of my runtime files are compatible with poser 5 on up

i build custom characters,in poser,then setup scene and render in Carrara

since poser 8 crashes so much on me,i want to get used to the poser 8 characters Alyson ..and the guy (don't remember his name)

and though carrara reads poser format..poser 8 people faces are frozen..even if you save them with a expression,carrara opens them up with default face

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Is Use external Binary Morph targets on in Edit>General Preferences>Miscellaneous? If it is, try turning it off and then saving the figure again for Carrara.

• invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

does that work in all versions of poser..i am thinking of upgrading to something more stable

edited December 1969

External morphs, stored in .pmd files, were new in Poser 5 or 6 - the preference has been in the same place since the feature was added, so yes the advice works in all relevant versions.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

I never had any problems with Poser 8 crashing. Did you install the updates?

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser8updates.html

edited December 1969

First @ Richard Haseline..that worked for the face,thanks that helped...... but i noticed some of the body morphs dials don't seem to work for alyson..in carrara..

somwhere in the transfer,her left breast became flat on the left side, I will see if the breast morph dials that i tried did anything in poser, before i complain lol

@ Wandw....yes,i installed the updates,but have mainly been using 7..which i updated 2 days ago and it crashed too lol

since i have a hard drive just for content, i have files going all the way back to poser 4 , so once i add something,i have to keep it

anyway, thanx both of you....there was something i was experimenting with in poser 4 and it always looked funny when i rendered it

the other day i saw the image,and wondered how it would look now,with my improved skills,and rendered in Carrara

besides the flat breast,(i used a nude model just to save time) i was impressed by the render ... it looked better than what i did way back when

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

I use poser 6 most of the time. Thougha warning jump out everytime a newer version file is read, I haven't found any real problem yet. I also use word/vba to remove sentences only used in newer poser and change the version mark to 6 because maybe reading rubbish raises the system burden.

edited December 1969

somwhere in the transfer,her left breast became flat on the left side, I will see if the breast morph dials that i tried did anything in poser, before i complain lol

I'm not certain, but I think Alyson (like Victoria 4) uses magnets to adjust the breasts - I don't know how, if at all, they transfer to Carrara. I would guess they come across somewhat, of V4 wouldn't work, but that would be a thing to check.

edited December 1969

@ Richard.....they show up..but the dials didn't work (even poser waves and magnets show up if you open up a file that has them)

I saved Alyson default, how you explained in your first post,..and all the sliders worked,give or take..a few didn't..but those don't work with daz figures either