Couldn’t find the answer on my own

xinkblotsxxinkblotsx Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all,
I'm having an Elite Shapes issue. The Utopian morphs don't work on the chest, all the other morphs work fine. What am i doing wrong??
i've rerun the bat file a couple of times and loaded up new victorias but still, this one problem persists. I'm running Poser 8 on Windows 8.

nochestmorph.png
844 x 698 - 302K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have just tried this in Poser 8 (Win 7), and it seems to work OK for me. Have you ignored the limits on the pose perhaps?

You may need to reinstall it if this persists.

Untitled-1.jpg
    992 x 686 - 356K
  • xinkblotsxxinkblotsx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i did re install this morning too and now i've tried with limits on and off but i'm still getting the same results...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't normally use Poser, perhaps another Poser user could help you more?

You could wait a while to see if anyone else can help, or click on the Report button, and ask a mod to move it to the Poser Discussion forum. Sorry I can't help more, but I've never seen that outcome before.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

I have to admit I have used Poser for some years now, and have never seen that happen.

However, as Jimmy says, I can move this thread over into the Poser forum for you, if you like.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • xinkblotsxxinkblotsx Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

if it would help to move it, than i would appreciate it, i don't see a report button anywhere though

Post edited by xinkblotsx on
  • edited August 2013

I think what I would do is load V4, inject the Elite morphs, and save her to the library under a new name (Test or something). Then go through the new cr2 with Notepad++ and look for something that looks like an error. That can be a tedious process and it's easy to look at a bug and not recognize anything wrong.

It seems to me I had a similar problem with M3 once, long ago. Unfortunately I don't remember what the cause was - it might have been a conflict between two separate installations of the figure. Check to make sure that there isn't another V4 installed somewhere.

Also, DAZ Studio once had an issue where it couldn't display enough morph dials for a fully-loaded V4. That was fixed many versions ago, and I don't know that P8 ever had a similar limitation. But is it possible that the program is running out of memory or some other resource to load the morph channel? It's a long shot, but maybe you could uninstall V4 and delete all her EXP files, then reinstall V4 and the Elite morphs and see if it works.

Edit: When I wrote "fully-loaded V4" I meant with some hundreds of third-party channels added, which probably isn't the case here. And I'd think if P8 had a limit on ERC channels analogous to the limit DS 1 or 2 had on UI dials, someone else would have replied here by now.

Post edited by thatmoroboshi_5f704e2d19 on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited August 2013

Did you reinitialize V4 after you installed the Elite morphs?
    EDIT: Oops; I see that you did. Is there a dial in the chest actor for that morph?

Post edited by WandW on
  • Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited August 2013

Well.....Try this....Under Elite / UtopianBody there is an Arrow like this >
    Left Click and select "Edit Dependencies"

Somewhere in that list it should say:

Chest::FBMUtopianBody

If its doesnt Something went wrong with the install maybe? and if it does that will at least narrow it down to the morph not being there at all? Also it might have lost it link to the morph you see...... The full body morph on the body is not the actual morph but a dial that controls all the morphs on each body part. Hope this helps. The actual morph on the chest is a hidden dial that you will have to make unhidden to examin it farther. post back after you look into this....

Post edited by Arcane Von Oblivion on