Hexagon scale factor

jothdajothda Posts: 14
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

In DAZ Studio you can read under the OBJImportOptions that Hexagon uses "1 unit = 1 cm" as the scale for objects - but this is not true.
The truth is that Hexagon it is using "1 unit = 10 cm" - it least in the default settings.

If I save an obj file in Hexagon with an export scale factor of 10 then the scale is right in DAZ Studio.
And if I reimport it into Hexagon with an import scale factor of 0.1 it is working for Hexagon, too.

But I would really like to have the same scale in both programs.
Therefore: Is there any way to change the scale of hexagon to "1 unit = 1 cm".
Or is the DAZ Studio OBJImportOption for Hexagon simply a bug?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

jothda said:
    In DAZ Studio you can read under the OBJImportOptions that Hexagon uses "1 unit = 1 cm" as the scale for objects - but this is not true.
    The truth is that Hexagon it is using "1 unit = 10 cm" - it least in the default settings.

If I save an obj file in Hexagon with an export scale factor of 10 then the scale is right in DAZ Studio.
    And if I reimport it into Hexagon with an import scale factor of 0.1 it is working for Hexagon, too.

But I would really like to have the same scale in both programs.
    Therefore: Is there any way to change the scale of hexagon to "1 unit = 1 cm".
    Or is the DAZ Studio OBJImportOption for Hexagon simply a bug?

export .obj from D/S at Poser setting 1 unit = 8 ft [Scale is 0.410105%]

import into Hexie with 1 unit = 1 meter

export out of Hexie with 1 unit = 1 meter

import same .obj back into D/S using Poser settings 1 unit = 8 ft [Scale is 24384%]

It works, ain't broke, no fixie.

• jothdajothda Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your answer, the scaling between Hexagon and DS is working...
    But I still find it not very convenient that the two programs use different dimensions in their scaling.
    Maybe this is some kind of historical thing ;-).

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Yup. Poser.