what does the animation graph tool do for figures? dragons, people, space ships

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

the graph thingee, i don’t understand what it does?

has anyone mastered it?

cheers :)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

you mean in Poser?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

you mean in Poser?

yes.

poser7 or pp12.

no pp14, so no need to wonder about jiggle physics animation yet :lol:

right now, trying to focus on walking and talking, people and dragons.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

it shows your keyframes or each body movement, you can select them, copy, paste, delete etc to loop, repeat movements for just some parts or all, you can also go into a mode where there are tweeners you can shift to make movements slow down and speed up etc.
    Reason I prefer Poser and even more so Carrara to Daz studio is the proper graph editors, Carrara has an even better one.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited August 2013

Each joint movement through the animation is represented on a horizontal curve over a timeline. You can use this to adjust the jerkyness or smoothness of movement, including "upbeat" and "downbeat" motion cycles by affecting the parabola. Also by examining several joint curves (like the 4 legs of a cat stride) you can see how they interact with each other and fade/sync motions into each other. This is how I develop walk gaits and such.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

iso for some more mediom-advanced tutes and webinars on using the graph?

it's mostly trial and error and seeing what works, but anything to push the learning curve would be awesome.

i still have to find an easy to use s/w to pitch my girly voice into manly tones.

how many seconds is good for one render batch? 10 seconds is 300 frames, maybe like 30 seconds? exhausted thinking about it. happy tired.