mcjSimViz - mass turn off/on simulation visibility for selected/unselected nodes

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
edited August 2018 in Freebies

it's a spin'off of my other script mcjHideAllBut 

at the request of someone 

HERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjsimviz

sisimviz.jpg
360 x 229 - 16K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• Your icon has DS3, but the property didn't exist in DS3 (or indeed most versions so far of DS4).

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited August 2018
    well it could work in ds3 if someone had added property with that exact name to all the nodes ... kidding kidding. come to think of it, an invisibility feature could be useful during mocaps of my recent mcj6050. but thanks i will remove the DS3 ( and wont make a DS1/DS2 version)

Your icon has DS3, but the property didn't exist in DS3 (or indeed most versions so far of DS4).

FB_IMG_1530378462487.jpg
    720 x 405 - 22K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • rames44rames44 Posts: 329

mCasual - I have a small suggestion for an improvement on this script.

Background: I managed to "fat finger" something when using it.  I got myself into a situation in which, although I'd set up one item in the scene to be dynamic and had "Visible In Simulation" on, dForce didn't think that there was anything to simulate.  I suspect what I did was inadvertently turn off, via your script, visibility on some of the internal bones of the object or something like that, so that the object had a mix of "visible/not visible," causing dForce to have a conniption.  (That's my theory, anyway, I eventually recovered by "showing everything" and starting over.)

Anyway - you have a show/hide toggle button.  In the original "visibility" script, this made a lot of sense, since it's pretty easy to see whether something is showing or hidden.  With the simulation visibility, not so easy, plus there's the possibility of someone else repeating whatever it was I managed to do.  (I tried the toggle on my "problem case," btw, but I suspect that it flipped everything in the object, so I still had a mix of on/off.  If that was the problem.)

My suggestion is that you split that functionalty into two buttons - a "show" and a "hide" button.  That way, you (in theory) know exactly what you're doing to the selected item, and if my problem WAS a mix of on/off, an explicity "show" would have turned everything back on.

Just a suggestion...

• Very usefull thanks