1351 x 584 - 89K
Post edited by StratDragon on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited December 1969

Looking very nice... :)

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Very interesting. This one of those Japanese hotel rooms? Looks kinda big, though. :lol:

• EvilQueeny17EvilQueeny17 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

It looks to me almost like quarters on a spaceship, at least, that's what i'd use it for :)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

EvilQueen said:
    It looks to me almost like quarters on a spaceship, at least, that's what i'd use it for :)
    Likewise, and I can always use more of those.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looks wonderful! *want* Please?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

ok, the bed is too small, I just fit a figure and it didn't work so a little more tweaking, I'm shooting for a few hours from now to freebe this up on sharesg but I'm bailing on the pillow, bedsheet and towel ring so you will be on your own.
    Spaceship room is another thing I had in mind, I remodeled the window and added more room lights

pad2.png
    1013 x 1015 - 612K
    edited December 1969

I'm bailing on the pillow, bedsheet and towel ring so you will be on your own.

That's what they said at the Japanese hotel where I stayed.

edited December 1969

I'm bailing on the pillow, bedsheet and towel ring so you will be on your own.

That's what they said at the Japanese hotel where I stayed.

the grating for the shower comes out so you can stick a camera under the floor, or a light or a giant squid which can either eat your figure or be turned into a delicious non dairy ice treat.
    Drawers are now under the bed, I was going to do a modular refrigerator which I had actually modeled a while back but I might do a "military style" room once this one gets posted.
    Cleaning up a lot of bad geometries and fine tuning some things that will probably blow up in my face at some time.
    I'm still learning this crazy blender ka-jigger so no guarantees on this thing and rigging is not happening so I hope anyone who wants this is okay with the idea of loading obj's and parenting them.

Screen_shot_2013-08-30_at_9.39_.33_AM_.png
    1127 x 819 - 59K
    edited December 1969

Now I'm SURE it's the same place.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Very interesting room, though I do have some very serious concerns about the "Bathroom", namely the shower. Even with the grating in the floor, given that it's not cordoned off, when the shower is running, the water is going to spray everywhere—onto the toilet, the sink, the walls, the floor— and water will spread throughout the room even if a good portion goes down the grating. I would suggest swapping the positions of the toilet and shower, and construct an enclosed shower stall around it with a sliding door to contain any water to keep it from spreading and soaking the entire room.

edited August 2013

Very interesting room, though I do have some very serious concerns about the "Bathroom", namely the shower. Even with the grating in the floor, given that it's not cordoned off, when the shower is running, the water is going to spray everywhere—onto the toilet, the sink, the walls, the floor— and water will spread throughout the room even if a good portion goes down the grating. I would suggest swapping the positions of the toilet and shower, and construct an enclosed shower stall around it with a sliding door to contain any water to keep it from spreading and soaking the entire room.

agreed but from the photo I worked off the toilet was in the back, the shower in the front and it looked like a mess was to be had whereever you decided to do either. I could do a hinged shower door but I'm just trying to get this part out so if people want to play with it and subsequently tell me where I went wrong, eg sink too high, or bed too low then I can come back and refine the product.

ok, and the problem with that, although it makes sense, I can't fit the toilet in front of the shower without it blocking the shower, then the dimensions of the room need to change.

another solution would be to do some kind of circular enclosure.

Screen_shot_2013-08-30_at_11.38_.40_AM_.png
    486 x 847 - 46K
    Screen_shot_2013-08-30_at_11.31_.26_AM_.png
    619 x 764 - 49K
    edited December 1969

Jeez, Tramp, you never been to Asia? Shower curtains are optional. Without a screen of any kind, your plants get watered automatically. All you have to worry about is keeping the toilet paper dry ... but of course toilet paper is optional too.

edited December 1969

agreed but from the photo I worked off the toilet was in the back, the shower in the front and it looked like a mess was to be had whereever you decided to do either. I could do a hinged shower door but I'm just trying to get this part out so if people want to play with it and subsequently tell me where I went wrong, eg sink too high, or bed too low then I can come back and refine the product.

ok, and the problem with that, although it makes sense, I can't fit the toilet in front of the shower without it blocking the shower, then the dimensions of the room need to change.

another solution would be to do some kind of circular enclosure.An increase in the size of the bathroom would certainly help. It's really not large enough to have both a toilet and a shower. That being said, the image with toilet and shower swapped does not really cause the shower to be blocked by the toilet, as there is still a narrow walkway between the toilet and opposite wall. Also, if you look at shower stalls in general, the floor of the stall tends to have a curb of about three to four inches in height (and about as thick), around the edge to help contain the water. Something like this is what I would suggest for the shower.

edited August 2013

An increase in the size of the bathroom would certainly help. It's really not large enough to have both a toilet and a shower. That being said, the image with toilet and shower swapped does not really cause the shower to be blocked by the toilet, as there is still a narrow walkway between the toilet and opposite wall. Also, if you look at shower stalls in general, the floor of the stall tends to have a curb of about three to four inches in height (and about as thick), around the edge to help contain the water. Something like this is what I would suggest for the shower.

that link doesn't appear to work for me, but here's one of the pix I worked off, and my final attempt at making a working bathroom for this crazy room to keep the mess down. My hope is to make a French style mansion in Blender with a bathtub bigger than this room so I'll get some time to experiment later.

I also took the curve out of the bed, I didn't like the way the polly's looked or the shape, now I have more storage under the bed for shoes, laser rifles and hiding squid.

Screen_shot_2013-08-30_at_1.18_.30_PM_.png
    670 x 890 - 60K
    Bubbles_Miniature_Hotel_Rooms_Dream_and_Fly3.jpg
    594 x 476 - 52K
    Screen_shot_2013-08-30_at_1.11_.46_PM_.png
    844 x 829 - 101K
    edited December 1969

ok a TEST VERSION has been placed here since I have a bunch of stuff that I need to take care of before the end of the day so hopefully I'll have a final version over the weekend or when time allows.
    so use this, test this, it's a solid obj with no moving parts. I'll try to have something more later, I don't want to release a final until I work out the kinks with normals and surfaces and bad mojo
    Report any kookiness and/or ookiness here so I can see what I can do.

this is a Blender model so load at 5000% Scale in Studio if you want it to fit your figures.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/71657/view/5/3D-Model/MicroRoom-OBJ-Test-01

edited December 1969

An increase in the size of the bathroom would certainly help. It's really not large enough to have both a toilet and a shower. That being said, the image with toilet and shower swapped does not really cause the shower to be blocked by the toilet, as there is still a narrow walkway between the toilet and opposite wall. Also, if you look at shower stalls in general, the floor of the stall tends to have a curb of about three to four inches in height (and about as thick), around the edge to help contain the water. Something like this is what I would suggest for the shower.

that link doesn't appear to work for me, but here's one of the pix I worked off, and my final attempt at making a working bathroom for this crazy room to keep the mess down. My hope is to make a French style mansion in Blender with a bathtub bigger than this room so I'll get some time to experiment later.

I also took the curve out of the bed, I didn't like the way the polly's looked or the shape, now I have more storage under the bed for shoes, laser rifles and hiding squid.OK. I see what they did. The architect of the room you're basing your design off of, basically put the toilet inside the shower stall itself (to save space), and that armature that extends from the main wall is an articulated shower curtain that can be rotated around to close off the stall and thus block off the over-spray. That's also why the toilet paper roll is fully encased, though they have theirs much closer to the adjoining wall and thus further away from the shower head.

edited December 1969

See first post for new download.

edited December 1969

Well, I've already moved in. This is the .obj assembly in DS3. Bit of effort but well worth it.

Thank you, Klowndragon!

MicroRoom02.jpg
    959 x 733 - 63K
    MicroRoom01.jpg
    959 x 733 - 79K
    edited December 1969

Well, I've already moved in. This is the .obj assembly in DS3. Bit of effort but well worth it.

Thank you, Klowndragon!

Nice! Your renders look much better than mine!
    I realized when you had the luggage on the floor the bed has the two partitions where the drawers go, if you remove the drawers you can fit the luggage under the be which is what the image I found on the web had