Can't find product after install

LukeAhearnLukeAhearn Posts: 17
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi,

I am no noobie and I have had a great time installing products using the install manager and using them in Poser. I just purchased a few products but one in particular I can't find after installation. I can find the others mind you so it seems specific to the one product.

Eldorin for Genesis.

I made sure it was installed, redownloaded it and uninstalled and reinstalled it, updated the install manger, etc....

Thanks for any help.

Luke

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited August 2013

Hi,

I am no noobie and I have had a great time installing products using the install manager and using them in Poser. I just purchased a few products but one in particular I can't find after installation. I can find the others mind you so it seems specific to the one product.

Eldorin for Genesis.

I made sure it was installed, redownloaded it and uninstalled and reinstalled it, updated the install manger, etc....

Thanks for any help.

Luke

Hi Luke,

That product apparently doesn't come with Poser Companion files. You can make them using Studio...

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/start

There is also a script that will load them without converting...

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Of course, both of these methods presume they are DSON ( .duf ) files, but converting them is outlined in the link above...

Post edited by WandW on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

D3D's script will also load *.dsf files; however, you'll need to resave all of the materials through Daz Studio as DUF as neither the DSON Importer or D3D's script will handle *.dsa files (which the mats for the clothing are).

• LukeAhearnLukeAhearn Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Thanks but none of that works for me. Shouldn't I be able to install like everything else?

edited December 1969

You could, if the product came with PoserCFs, but it didn't, so workarounds are required.

edited December 1969

And nowhere does it say that. I spent hours working on the problem only to hear that from you. I spent money on a lot of products I need to use and everything I read indicated that these products simply load into poser just as easy as anything else that uses the DSON importer. Why aren't these files included?

edited September 2013

Not every PA who sells at Daz uses Poser or even has Poser to convert materials and such (especially shaders- trying to convert node based shaders between the two programs can be tedious and extremely time consuming if possible at all).

It actually does tell you on the importer's product page:

Once the DSON for Poser Importer is installed, Genesis figures that are marked as DSON Importer for Poser compatible can be installed and loaded into Poser just like any other Poser figures.

If you like, you could put in a support ticket to either a) request that PoserCFs be made for the product (if you don't want to do a little end work on your side in Daz Studio), or b) if you're within your 30 day purchase window, you can ask for a refund, no questions asked.

It's also possible that the item was made before the importer was released, and since Genesis couldn't work in Poser prior to the importer there wasn't a need for Poser files at the time.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

All very true, thanks. I just don't want to have to download and install and learn DAZ Studio but maybe that is the easiest thing at this point.

Thanks for your time :)