Scene Notes Freebie

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
edited October 2018 in Freebies

I was looking for a script/product to do this, and saw someone else was too, so I made a quick notes script.  See my site in the link below for download.

Basically creates (or opens, if it exists) a text-based note using the current Scene name, in a "Notes" folder in the Content Dir.  Handy for storing/retreiving notes against a scene.

Here is some more details:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/275321/scene-notes-plugi

<--- Click this image to go direct ot my Freebie page

NOTES: (no pun intended)...you DO have to pre-create a "Notes" folder in your Content Directory.  It says this in the README, but who reads the README?  wink

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I just noticed (using the DS Beta) that my script defaults to the directory at the top of the list in the Content Directory Manager (CDM).  So, if you have a preference for the Notes directory, move that one to the top using the buttons on the side of the CDM.  In the example below, I use my external drive for my main content lib, so had to move that up, when I installed the Beta, as it defaulted to the Documents one at the top.

(if you are not using the current DS Beta, I would suggest trying it...the de-noiser is great, and it installs alongside your current DS)

• Thanks a lot!!

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

Wow this is very handy!  I was trying to figure out how to do something like this!

Many thanks!