Pose preset that turns limits off on necessary dials?

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited September 2013 in Poser Discussion

I've got a pose that I've made, which required limits to be turned off on some of the translation dials; however, when after saving the pose and reloading the figure to test it, the figure loads in with limits on, which breaks the pose (I've turned them off on multiple dials).

Is there a way to either a) save the pose to automatically turn limits off on the necessary dials, or b) universally turn limits off? I've tried checking/unchecking Figure > Use Limits with zero success.

PP2014

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• AndecayaAndecaya Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem and I wonder if you found a solution?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Here's a pose that removes all limits for a Genesis figure, so you should be able to craft one for whatever figure you are working with to remove the selected limits...

http://weblog.damageinc3d.net/Weblog/?p=2529

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2014

Never mind...

There used to be another way...a global way...or at least I think there was. Don't have 2014...still have 'cut down' intro version from a few years back...Debut 9 or something...before that it was a really old version.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Here's a pose that removes all limits for a Genesis figure, so you should be able to craft one for whatever figure you are working with to remove the selected limits...

http://weblog.damageinc3d.net/Weblog/?p=2529

I know that there are poses which removes the limits. But how do I save those? I have no idea about poser prog and I don't want to change morphs. it's just about translation limits. I'm new to the program so I don't understand what to do :'-(

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

You can't save them, unfortunately; you need to build the pose from the saved figure with a text editor ...

edited December 1969

Ah ok, thank you so much for making this clear! Then I will save and make me a note which limits etc. I have to change after loading it :) Thank you again!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

As long as you save the figrue pose with the value that is required then when loaded it should bypass the limit in poser or DS as long as the program is set to ignor limits

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

Just by sheer coincidence I happened to be looking for another post of mine and saw that there were replies here.

I still have the poses I was trying to save out in the form of scenes with just the single figure in the pose. Now that I have a bit more Poser time under my belt I'll have to give it another go.

I thought I'd posted in my initial post what it was for, but the poses are for Squee by Mada (I guess I never considered the fact that it might be different for human vs non-human characters).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on