What's the use of goal center of mass & offset in cr2?

reko34reko34 Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Center of mass and goal center of mass exist in each figure and you cannot delete them (I remember deleting them cause malfunction). I guess these two should be used in combination to achieve certain functions. But I found nothing for goal center of mass in tutorial, and center of mass is only used for autobalance (never used).

Every actor of a figure has 6 channels(?): x-,y-,zoffsetA, x-,y-,zoffsetB. They don't have any useful information. The initial values can be read from the origin coordinates and changing them to any value doesn't influence the actor movement. But removing them causes the actor to act incorrectly. Is it meaningful to edit them of just leave them there as rubbish codes?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

They aren't rubbish because you don't use them, though I have been able to remove them from a CR2 (after all, they aren't present in older files) but you do need to be sure to remove them from all sections. However, I'm not sure why you would want to do so.

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    edited September 2013

They aren't rubbish because you don't use them, though I have been able to remove them from a CR2 (after all, they aren't present in older files) but you do need to be sure to remove them from all sections. However, I'm not sure why you would want to do so.

I don't find any explanation for goal center of mass either in poser tutorial or in google so I probably won't use it my whole life. Why is something not put in the tutorial but regarded as a default part of a figure?
    I use the same template for creating custom figures. Much modification is necessary for each new figure, that means much scroll-up&down; work and probability of mistakes. So I want the least unnecessary codes.

Post edited by reko34 on
  • reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    edited September 2013

Another reason for removing center of mass is that it's designed for person figures. But all poser saved cr2 have it, including clothes and weapons.

Anyway, what can I do with the 6 offsets?

Post edited by reko34 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

The centre of mass is used by the Auto Balance feature. I'm not sure about the offsets' function if it isn't for placing the origin and endpoint.