Morining Talk Show Studio v1 now on ShareCG

StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
edited September 2013 in Freebies

EDIT: Version 1 is 7 posts down
http://www.sharecg.com/v/72169/view/5/3D-Model/Talk-Show-Studio

Need to do some light texturing and call it a day with this one. Couldn't come up with name that didn't look or sound stupid, so I resorted to google translate. Still not exactly sure what it means or which Chinese dialect it is but that part is experimental, a flatscreen would look fine up there too.
Rendered at 1920x1080 for about 15 hrs on a dual xeon mac with 8GB RAM, maybe I need to rethink frosted glass and multiple light sources, this was more of a normals test. Next step is to try 3Delight in Studio.

Fans of Katie Kuric might see some intentional similarities with the feng-shui.

untitled.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M
Post edited by StratDragon on

Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

According to my Chinese wife, the written language is the same regardless of dialect. It's like some people say po-tay-to and others say po-taw-to but it's always spelled potato (unless you are a certain former VP :))

Anyway, loosely translated, it would be "Trash talking other people". Literal translation is "Despise other people".

The set looks great and the sign certainly seems appropriate. :)

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

That is *very* classy; I'll snap that up in a second.

I hope you don't have to cut down on the glass too much, but I hear what you're saying.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2013

Gone said:
    According to my Chinese wife, the written language is the same regardless of dialect. It's like some people say po-tay-to and others say po-taw-to but it's always spelled potato (unless you are a certain former VP :))

Anyway, loosely translated, it would be "Trash talking other people". Literal translation is "Despise other people".

The set looks great and the sign certainly seems appropriate. :)

Nice! I'll keep it.

That is *very* classy; I'll snap that up in a second.

I hope you don't have to cut down on the glass too much, but I hear what you're saying.

I'll keep the model, I just wont use that glass on any further renders. I still need walls that look like something other than sheet rock so I may use that extruded shape in the background.

I've got a call into the blender forums about the normals on that sign, but I may have to drop it. 3Delight does NOT like it.

test3.png
    1013 x 569 - 648K
    test2.png
    1017 x 1019 - 1M
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Couldn't come up with name that didn't look or sound stupid, so I resorted to google translate.

Might be a good idea to reverse-translate and see if what comes out still makes sense. Any resemblance to what you had in the beginning can only be good. Remember what happened to a certain soft drink company: "It brings your ancestors back from the dead!" ;-)

A very nice-looking set, thogh, I think I might be able to use it.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

And who can forget this classic Chinese restaurant name blunder.

translate_server_error.jpg
    400 x 300 - 25K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Love the set, I thought it looked great without textures but sure pops to life with them.

Ghastly that is funny ... took me a minute to realize what they had done. Classic!

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

So here is the single OBJ version with a materials file that should be okay with Daz Studio 2 or better. I removed the text in the back, the textures and the coffee cups, but most everything is uvmapped and texture ready.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72169/view/5/3D-Model/Talk-Show-Studio

I'll work on something a little more substantial when I get the chance but for now ....

talkshow.jpg
    995 x 810 - 270K