FINAL - Delsin Beanie and Hair for G8M

In The FleshIn The Flesh Posts: 157
edited November 2018 in Freebies

Delsin Beanie and Hair for Geneiss 8 Male by InTheFlesh

Delsin Beanie and Hair for G8M

After feedback from the community, I have created Version 3 as a significant update:

- Updated Shader Presets to Material Presets for one click application 
- Improved weighting and topology for better auto following of morphs
- Improved hair shape and volume
- Improved beanie shape and fit
- Corrected ExpandAll morphs
- Added a Beanie Only morph for a nicer fit when not using the hair piece
- Added Fit Adjustment Morphs for the Beanie:

• Front Half In/Out
  • Back Half In/Out
  • Left In/Out
  • Right In/Out
  • Bottom Half Contract/Expand
  • Bottom Half Up/Down
  • Middle Contract/Expand
  • Middle Down/Up
  • Top Half Contract/Expand
  • Top Half Up/Down

- Added Fit Adjustment Morphs for the Hair:

• Front Half In/Out
  • Back Half In/Out
  • Left In/Out
  • Right In/Out
  • Fringe Adjust
  • Bottom Half Contract/Expand
  • Bottom Half Up/Down
  • Middle Contract/Expand
  • Middle Down/Up
  • Top Half Contract/Expand
  • Top Half Up/Down

Inspired by Delsin from Infamous: Second Son

My first attempt at clothing and hair, this product includes a custom modeled and textured knitted beanie, with a removable fibermesh hair piece.

Delsin Beanie and Hair for G8MDelsin Beanie and Hair for G8M

Delsin Beanie and Hair for G8MDelsin Beanie and Hair for G8MDelsin Beanie and Hair for G8M

If you have installed a previous version, ensure you delete the following folders and their contents before copying the newest version to your content directory:

\data\InTheFlesh\Delsin Beanie
\People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\InTheFlesh\Delsin Beanie and Hair
\Runtime\Textures\InTheFlesh\Delsin Beanie and Hair

-----------------------------

Includes the following:

- Presets for loading just the Beanie, or the Beanie and Hair combined
- Color variations for Beanie: Black, Dark Blue, Dark Green, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Marron, Red and White
- Color variations for Badge: Black, Dark Blue, Default, Default No Text, Red and White
- Color variations for Hair: Black, Dark Brown, Dirty Blonde, Ginger, Light Brown and White
- Custom textures made from reference scans: Diffuse, Gloss, Bump, Normal, Displacement
- Beanie textures are 2048 x 2048
- Badge textures are 1024 x 1024
- Hair textures are 512 x 512
- Beanie Only morph
- Fit adjustment morphs for Beanie and Hair

Products can be found in \People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\InTheFlesh\Delsin Beanie and Hair
Fit Adjustment Morphs can be found in Parameters\Actor\Adjustments

Special thanks for dragonfly_2004 for helping me with testing and error reporting!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Too large to share for free on Gumroad, so download only avaliable at ShareCG:

https://sharecg.com/v/92677/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/FINAL-Delsin-Beanie-and-Hair-for-G8M​

Post edited by In The Flesh on

Comments

• daybirddaybird Posts: 649

Wow, that looks great and its always good to have some stuff for male chars.  :)

• To anyone who as already downloaded, please redownload from ShareCG for an update addressing missing files,

Thanks!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

When I installed this all I saw when I loaded the hair and beanie into an empty scene were a couple of zero-sized points. Has anyone been able to get this to work? The download I used was the one that had been updated with the "Data" folder.

• Sorry for the mess, I've temporarily suspended downloads until I can confirm everything in functioning correctly. I'll hopefully have it updated within 12hrs

Again, apologies for the issues. First time sharing products of this type, so it appears I've missed something

Not to worry, Intheflesh, anyone who's created content goes through that. Thank you for putting in all that hard work! smiley

• In The FleshIn The Flesh Posts: 157
    edited November 2018

Just had a quick look, and thankfully it was an easy fix. I'd copied an older versions folders, but that has now been updated. DelsinBeanieandHairG8M_InTheFlesh_v2.zip is avaliable at the ShareCG link above. If you've previously installed this product, please delete the "\data\InTheFlesh\Delsin Beanie and Hair\Delsin Beanie and Hair" folder for cleanliness. 

Tested on a seperate clean install of Daz 4.10 with only Genesis 8 Starter files, so everything should be functioning now.

Thanks for bearing with me through this learning process

Post edited by In The Flesh on
    edited November 2018

Nice. Loaded just fine with version 2, and here applying alternative textures (using the Surfaces pane):

DelsinHairTest.png
    800 x 800 - 438K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Looks great, thanks for the render! 

yes

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Very genrerous of you.  Thanks so much.  Also downloaded your face expressions for both G8 F & M!  Are those morphs do those make use of existing dials? 

Thanks again!  :-) 

• This is quite awesome, thank you for sharing. 

• It has been reported that there is a bug where using the ExpandAll morph on Delsin Beanie will instantly crash Daz. 

I'm working on a v3 update:

• Fixed ExpandAll bug
    • Added custom ExpandAll morphs to reduce autofit errors
    • Improved weighting and base model topology for better auto following of morphs
    • Improved hair shape and volume
    • General shape improvements to both Beanie and Hair
    • Added a Beanie Only morph for use without the hair piece 

I will include full uninstall instructions for previous versions to ensure a fresh start. It will be a new upload and this one will be removed. 

Everything listed above is already complete and about to undergo thorough testing in a clean virtual machine install. Rough ETA is 24th November. (If anyone is willing to test it as well before I upload, feel free to to send me a message)

I apologize again for the issues people have had. Trying to translate my content into Daz has proven challenging, but I'm committed to increasing the quality of my products with every release.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

this is looking really nice. headed over to dl ..thanks :)

edited November 2018

From beta-testing the hair and beanie for InTheFlesh, and applying extreme morphs to G8M (Crypto HD unmodified and with Pace that has been further morphed with 'Growing Up' morphs):

There was minor distortion around the ears of the Crypto alien, but it's not obvious, especially if you use appropriate camera angles, assuming you actually need to use this hair on the alien, of course!

Test1.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 294K
    edited November 2018

And here, autofitted to Mei Lin 8 (selecting G8M and Short hair options in autofit pop up):

Test2.jpg
    800 x 805 - 287K
  • Thank you so much for sharing this mesh with us. It looks great on my character!

• Main post updated with final version including a bu8nch of tweaks and additions, along with fixing the bugs in previous versions. To anyone who has previously downloaded this, please grab the updated version!

Special thanks goes to dragonfly_2004 for beta testing and providing example renders for some extreme morphs. Looks great on Mei Lin 8 too! You're a champ yes

Next freebie is already under construction but I want my next release to go smoother than this one did, so it will definately be undergoing more rigorous testing before uploading. I've learned a lot working on this project that I will incorporate moving forward.

Thanks everyone!

• Thank you so much for sharing this mesh with us. It looks great on my character!

Looks great, cool character! Thanks for sharing smiley

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Thanks so much for the fixes.  :-)

• EC3DEC3D Posts: 131

Nice freebie, thanks so much. :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Thanks for this great freebie!!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163
    edited November 2018

Thank you so much :-) Here is Brandon wearing his new beanie.

18 11 25 Brandon in his Beanie.jpg
    750 x 1125 - 671K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • Thank you for this awesome asset, enjoying it already: