Trying to fit clothing to muscle morphed M4

Sir RenderSir Render Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Short version of story: I have a Michael 4 character with muscles pumped up a little. I am trying to get clothing to fit him, but no luck. The morphed muscles extend through the clothing. I have tried "Fit to Michael4" and "Transfer Active Morphs". That helps a little, but does not solve the problem. I went to the shaping controls to try to shape the pants to fit, but there are only a few controls, and if I adjust the pants to cover his muscles, then they look really bad - stretched in some places to the point of being baggy and skin tight in other places.

Next I tried bridging my M4 and clothes to Hex. Unfortunately, the mesh of the pants is extremely fine. I started to pull them out to fit, but it became ridiculous trying to pick and pull the super fine mesh.

My next step was to make pants from scratch on my M4. That went pretty well. I will keep working on these.

However, in the meantime, I haven't given up on the original clothes. I am wondering, is there a command in Hex that will automatically distort the mesh of a pair of pants to fit the mesh of the model beneath them?

Thanks

Comments

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

For this I would use the sculpt tools in Hex. Have it on a low setting and "Sculp" carefully where you need.

• Sir RenderSir Render Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ghostman. I'll give it a try tonight.

• Sir RenderSir Render Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ghostman. The sculpting tools worked very well for this. I'd never used them before (noob here).
    One odd problem I ran into was that the strength of the sculpting tool kept changing by itself. I set it to 10 and did some sculpting. Then I used the smoothing tool. Then when I went to use the sculpting tool the mesh came popping out fast when I clicked, and checking the strength, it would be 43.18 or 36.72 or some other random large number. I kept having to reset it. Other than that, it went very well and the pants now fit my figure. Tonight I will sculpt the shirt. The shirt if so far off to start with, I think I will scale it in DS first and then bridge it to Hex.

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ghostman. The sculpting tools worked very well for this. I'd never used them before (noob here).
    One odd problem I ran into was that the strength of the sculpting tool kept changing by itself. I set it to 10 and did some sculpting. Then I used the smoothing tool. Then when I went to use the sculpting tool the mesh came popping out fast when I clicked, and checking the strength, it would be 43.18 or 36.72 or some other random large number. I kept having to reset it. Other than that, it went very well and the pants now fit my figure. Tonight I will sculpt the shirt. The shirt if so far off to start with, I think I will scale it in DS first and then bridge it to Hex.

Great. I'm glad it worked out for ya. :) I'm using the 2.1 Hex version and that never happend to me.(too many bugs in the newer ones)
    Might be a problem with the newer versions of hex. But it worked in the end anyway, that's what's matters. ;) Nowadays I'm using ZBrush for sculpting so I'm more used to that program now. Can really recomend it if you get a chanse to get a hold of it. :)