SY Impractical Rogue G

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Don't forget the pauldron bones and morphs, folks. I'm seeing some unnecessary stiffness. ;)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I was curious what you meant by this... Do you mean the difference between these two images, or is there something else that I can do (other than blunting the edge) with the pauldron?

-- Morgan

Pauldron_2.png
    221 x 152 - 64K
    Pauldron_1.png
    210 x 133 - 54K
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I was curious what you meant by this... Do you mean the difference between these two images, or is there something else that I can do (other than blunting the edge) with the pauldron?

-- Morgan

Yep, you found it.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

Really, SickleYield,, an unbuckle belt morph? And this was "for fun"? How many morphs when you get serious? :) Still finding more.

edited December 1969

standfast said:
    Really, SickleYield,, an unbuckle belt morph? And this was "for fun"? How many morphs when you get serious? :) Still finding more.

Morphs are fun for me! They're my favorite part of every project. Blender's modeling tools make it pretty easy to transform an item to the fullest extent its geometry will allow. To me morphs are how I tell the "story" of an item, and how I let people tell their own stories with it, too.

The other thing is that I didn't plan this project as a freebie, I planned it as a product. I just got to the texturing stage and went "Mmmmeeeeeh" because of my workload right now. I know Fuseling is just as overloaded, so I didn't feel I could push it onto her, and because I envisioned it as a sexy male/androgynous outfit, I wasn't sure DAZ would want it - there's really nothing like it in the store.

edited December 1969

Well, I could not help one more. I did a guy, I don't often, Jeremy is all I have :). I'm a broke noob so forgive my sets.

This one I slouched the boots down a lot and pushed the "reveal" morph on the hood to show off his pointy lil ears.

oshi2.png
    530 x 700 - 451K
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    So I'd pulled this down and thought I'd play with it, and then there was some questions about the Portello and textures, and I had to decide if I was going to save and load the Portello and try it out, or just...load it in place. :)

So...not the intended use, I believe, but it was fun to re-texture. I primarily used the Hardcore Utility pack's 'Hammered Steel' for all the metal bits and bobs (except hammered brass on the top zone of the pauldrons), and Leatherize for the rest. (Suede where it touches sensitive skin as much as possible (and pockets), worn leather for large flats of material, new leather for the laces and a few other small pieces.) Also the veil is Sheer Greatness. Oh, and the bra is Hongyu's bikini, of course, with suede main and leather straps.

Enjoy!

-- Morgan

This kind of stuff inspires me to do better. ;)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

This set definitely looks "kitbash" friendly. I am curious about the hood though. How hard would it be to "attach" the hood to another piece of clothing, ike a shirt, jacket, etc., and make it look like it's actually a part of it?

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

This set looks awesome. I can see using parts of it with other outfits I have...if I could only get it to download. The file size is just too large for my internet connection to handle (I have a lot of trouble downloading the larger files @ sharecg).

If it were split into multiple files, I would definitely have a better chance of getting it to download. As it stands, I will just have to sit back and see what others can do with it.

Thanks for your hard work making it and for your generosity in making it available as a free item. It really looks like a high quality item.

edited December 1969

This set definitely looks "kitbash" friendly. I am curious about the hood though. How hard would it be to "attach" the hood to another piece of clothing, ike a shirt, jacket, etc., and make it look like it's actually a part of it?

I don't think that would work because of the chain. If you don't care about that, and the jacket's neck is somewhat adjustable, you might be able to do it using the hood's length morph. Overall it just isn't made for that.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Thank all that's holy for those pauldron morphs! My lil one looked like he had bug wings in teh pose I forced him into ;)

Really brilliant stuff!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,855
    edited December 1969

Yes, it kitbashes nicely. Only two pieces used here - boots and corset.

Impractical_Rogue_girl.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Yes, it kitbashes nicely. Only two pieces used here - boots and corset.

Oh that's cute! I really love corsets over shirts and dresses, actually. I tried to make sure it was friendly to that use.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited October 2013

Thanks SickleYield for releasing Impractical Rogue as a freebie.

Couldn't resist trying it on Gia.

The kitbashing potential is through the roof.

impractical-rogue-gia.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 382K
    Post edited by willowfan on
    edited December 1969

Oh cool. Glad to see it autofits so well. Neat render, too!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2013

No kits were bashed in the creation of this image.

Resizing didn't help quality. It also may be a WIP. Either way, it made me giggle.

(EDIT: Left.. arm.. bugging me.. Must fix. Bring tea and chocolate.)

Want_this_5_resize.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 186K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • Mcjam24Mcjam24 Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Ok, this outfit seriously rocks....

Your_offer_doesnt_impress.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 647K
    edited December 1969

I just want to publicly thank SickleYield for making this available at deviantart as a 2-part download. This made it possible for me to get the files downloaded. I look forward to installing it and experimenting with the outfit.

Thank you, SIckleYield, for helping me get this outfit. This was an incredible display of customer service, especially for a free item. Know that it is greatly appreciated.

edited December 1969

Welcome. :-)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

smoke14 said:
    I just want to publicly thank SickleYield for making this available at deviantart as a 2-part download. This made it possible for me to get the files downloaded. I look forward to installing it and experimenting with the outfit.

Thank you, SIckleYield, for helping me get this outfit. This was an incredible display of customer service, especially for a free item. Know that it is greatly appreciated.

It is because of this type of customer service I bought Vengeful Spirit last night. I didn't realise it was a product by Sickle Yield and Fuseling until SY started a thread for renders.

Thank you so much for such wonderful products.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300
    edited December 1969

Just installed this and played with it this afternoon. Wonderful set. Thank you - I'd have paid for this. Not near enough quality male clothes, far-less male skimpwear about :-)

scout2.png
    488 x 655 - 473K
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

dear Sickleyield
    the thiefmouse is very pleased with that garment

thiefmouse_a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 593K
    edited December 1969

ruphuss said:
    dear Sickleyield
    the thiefmouse is very pleased with that garment

OMG. That is so cute!! Like a little Ratonga!

edited October 2013

when i first saw that on CG my Impression was
    ah thats Arzac from Moebius
    i had the idea of creating this character in 3d
    but then a female Arzaca came out

div__divclass.jpg
    600 x 600 - 29K
    Arzach.jpg
    547 x 588 - 38K
    Arzaka_05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Ruphuss on
    edited December 1969

Um... It looks nothing like that guy's outfit to me. ;)

Eeee rogue mousie! I love it.

3dDreamer, I love that render, but I also am mystified about what is going on in the background. :D SimonJM sometimes does background bonuses, too. It's always fun.

And Kismet, I hope you will enjoy your new products! Fuse and I try to give our all, and when we're in the right groove we feed one another's enthusiasm, and good things happen. We are vulnerable to feature creep, but hey, more fun stuff.

edited December 1969

thiefmousecutybear

thiefmousecutybear.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 622K
    edited December 1969

Just finished a quick render with the outfit. Look forward to mixing parts of it in with other outfits. Thanks again for this wonderful freebie.

imp_rogue.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 168K
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Seems rather practical to me. :lol: To use in Studio anyway. Thank you very much!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    edited December 1969

3dDreamer, I love that render, but I also am mystified about what is going on in the background. :D SimonJM sometimes does background bonuses, too. It's always fun.

And Kismet, I hope you will enjoy your new products! Fuse and I try to give our all, and when we're in the right groove we feed one another's enthusiasm, and good things happen. We are vulnerable to feature creep, but hey, more fun stuff.

Thanks, that means a s lot :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Thanks, that means a s lot :)

The one with the cat leaping on your avatar is still my favorite, but they're all fun.