Bruckner Typhoon- Model C68 Aircar

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
edited December 1969 in Freebies

The Bruckner Typhoon- Standard- Model C68

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/72921/browse/11/Poser/Bruckner-Typhoon-Model-C68-Aircar

2858 was the model year that marked the point at which Bruckner Aircars joined the mainstream of contemporary aircar manufacturers. Previously known only to hardcore explorers and adventure seekers for their rugged ex-military Hummel II and Dragonfly models, The Typhoon would change that image and open new markets.
The Typhoon, actually a "Civilized" model of the Hummel (Bumblebee), for the first time offered soft cushioned seats and modern instrumentation, as opposed to the Hummel's sparse and utilitarian appointments. Although, as Larry Wright of Popular Aircars Journal noted in his 2858 review of the Typhoon- "You can still hose out the interior if you need too, yet maintains its rugged comfort". The all-weather interior was a concession to its open T-bar roof design, although later "Deluxe" models would sport the less popular "beetle wing" fully enclosed canopy. New too, was the long list of available factory colors, a far cry from the six drab military-esque colors available on the Hummel II.
The story behind why Bruckner chose to make the Typhoon actually began a couple of years before at a popular rally event held on the Bruckner's home world Nerthus.
Hummels and the smaller Dragonflies had always been a popular vehicle choice at the rally, but aside from a few minor wins, they were usually overshadowed by larger, faster or flashier craft.
But a tragic accident would forever changed all that.
Hummels had always been known for their rugged design and efficient, dependable magnadynes.
But nothing could have illustrated that better then when the bright red custom Hummel II being piloted by celebrity aviatrix and pop star Anna Murdock was struck by a larger Thorello Lightning Pk21 during the Pan-Nerthus Rally in 2855.
The Lightning had attempted to cut off Murdock, but instead struck her craft's tail drive, partly severing it and completely destroying the vertical magnadyne assembly.
The Lightning piloted by rival driver Ernesto Kain had sheared off its own port nacelle and pitched violently downward exploding on the valley floor. The collision sent Murdock's Hummel into a violent spin, but despite the heavy damage she managed to regain control and safely land at the next checkpoint 200 Kilometers away. Photos of Murdock's Hummel landing with its mangled smoldering tail took the headlines. The destroyed vertical magnadyne was replaced and the lower tail spar welded back together. The quick and dirty repairs were highly noticeable, yet despite all that Murdock and her navigator managed to still place third at the Rally's finish. Not knowing that Murdock's Hummel had a custom interior and custom installed retractable wing steps, led many to believe this vehicle was an available model. Somehow reporters and other journalists took to naming her craft "The Red Typhoon" possibly because of the tailspin it was knocked into.
Shortly after the race inquiries regarding purchasing a Hummel (or "Typhoon" as many believed the model was called) began to pour in, prompting Bruckner to consider manufacture of a more comfortable civilian version.
It is said that Karl Bruckner's last greatest decision was to market the revamped Hummel/Typhoon to the consumer market and thus cemented Bruckner as a manufacturer of rugged(perhaps somewhat quirky at times), iconic and beloved aircar designs.

This model has been tested in Poser and DAZ Studio. It was made for use in Poser, But will function in Studio. The MAT pose files and Poser materials however will not work in DAZ Studio. It is recommended that you have appropriate DAZ Studio materials to use as replacements for this model for it to render properly in DAZ Studio. Otherwise the model itself, along with its moving parts seem to work as intended in DAZ Studio.

The model includes several moving parts,
Front and rear seats move forward and back, and recline backward.
Steering yoke turns and tilts and center console lid can open/close.
Wing steps fold down and slide froward.
The model also comes with 29 exterior MAT files (plus one for default red color) as well as two additional interior color sets.

BT-Promo4w.jpg
1200 x 886 - 331K
BT-Promo3w.jpg
1200 x 900 - 398K
BT-Promo2w.jpg
1200 x 1001 - 386K
BT-Promo1w.jpg
1200 x 1105 - 408K

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2013

I wasn't sure how much attachment space was left... so I added these images in a separate post...

Please Note: As said above- This Model works in both Poser and DAZ Studio... BUT due to the differences in Poser and DAZ materials, the MAT poses and Materials - WILL NOT work in DAZ Studio... The Model loads, Renders and Functions, but you will have to find replacement materials for it to look right in DAZ Studio.

Sorry for that inconvenience.

BT-Promo6w.jpg
    1200 x 1064 - 368K
    BT-Promo5w.jpg
    1200 x 949 - 340K
    Post edited by McGyver on
  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

WOW. Thank you very much. Off to ShareCG I go!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

I get a batmobile vibe here.
    Thanks, it's awesome :D

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Fantastic! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us. :)

• edited December 1969

This is AWESOME! You've invested a lot of work not only in the model but the back story as well. A very generous gift and very much appreciated.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545
    edited December 1969

Wonderful and thank you.

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

This is great! Thank you!

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Really nice! Thanks for creating this item - a really great job!!
    dbb

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Marvellous, thanks.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2013

Hello and thank you for the nice comments, I hope this model can be or has been useful to you.

I just wanted to mention that someone over at ShareCG has thankfully pointed out that there was a texture glitch with this model... it is a minor one, apparently an unseen internal part had gotten a texture from another model... the part is unseen (invisible actually) but somehow it picked up a material from a model I made a render with a while ago.
    I have now corrected that.
    If you have downloaded the model before 7, November 2013 you may delete your older copy and reinstall the new "fixed" version... OR you can just ignore the warnings as the part is unseen and should never have gotten a material at all.

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused... This model has been hanging around on my computer since 2011 and was almost published/posted several times but I never finished it and would "lose my place" and start all over again, rinse and repeat... so over time I have like several versions and at least 6 "DEAD" copies... I'm very easily lost if I leave something for too long.

Once again sorry and hopefully it is working right now.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • BaronekBaronek Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for this too... and the read-me files are a work of art, just like the model.
    Strangely enough, it's about to be used as a bronzed desk ornament in an SF office render I'm working on. But I do have plans for it to be used full sized soon.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Nice model. Very good of you to share. TYVM

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited November 2013

Nice, very nice lines on the Bruckner. Your design and finishing skills are fantastic. Way to go LordVicor!

Now..take the design down to Telsa automotive - and sell it!

Post edited by Dream Cutter on